Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Prospector (GPAA) magazine Jan/Feb 2010 issue has an article on Hoosier nuggets. Nobody wants to share the location to find them, but shows what Indiana nuggets look like. Shows a selection totalling over 1 ounce of nuggets, some nearly the size of a dime. The author got in 4 hours dredging bedrock, 1/3 ounce pickers, small nuggets with a 2.5" dredge.

That is the secret...to find gold in Indiana, you must find out where bedrock is first. The gold matches ancient deposits of Ontario, Canada. It is about 22K and much better than gold from the western United States. But, I talked to someone who found flour gold in Bristol...a town in NE Indiana. The problem is finding the bedrock which doesn't really exist (does it?) in the north part of the state.

You find gravel deposits left by glaciers from South Bend to Ft Wayne, down to Kokomo, IN. Just draw lines between the cities...it is a glacial deposit triangle. There is a rock found throughout this area. I sent a sample to an assayer, who does assays for gold mines at Ridgecrest, CA. The assay was Glaucophane, a mineral common in places jadeite is found, many places in Japan and certain costal ranges on the western US coast. It appears when wet in overcast sky weather a grayish bluegreen. Follow this mineral, I even found it in N Kokomo. A lot of white quartz rocks, flinty chert, bright pink granites. usually in these deposits also. :wink:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is gold everywhere in Indiana, its just hard to find and tiny

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
being that Indiana is mostly privately owned is the reason for not telling where they find their gold. they simply dont want a bunch of treaspassers going onto private land and then getting "their access" cut off! pure and simple!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to check your pan for raw diamonds. There are people who find them in Indiana...especially in Cass county.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To finding gold in Indiana you have to move a LOT of dirt, or go DEEP with a dredge and try to find bed rock, there is bed rock just so much on top of it from all the ice overs that slid down from Canada. Chuck Lassiter has the right idea, read his book ( Midwest Gold Prospecting ) , its worth its weight in gold....no joke...lol.....One thing about Indiana, you have to screen the dirt down and run it slow through what ever you use to keep the flour gold from sliding on through and not sticking....well unless you use a dredge... then your just worring about looking for bed rock, cause there are nugget on top of that, yes even in Indiana.....nuggets....lol :headbang: :headbang:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dredging is the easyist way to go in Indiana, everything else involves a shovel...lol :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im getting ready to make my larger highbanker a dredge, but with a garden hose and just for sand.....it might be a waste but its worth trying, if you dont build things and try you never know, and I built the rest just fine....lol... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 932
  • SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 615

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread