Indiana Gold

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravel pits where ready mix cement trucks come and go...those concrete home basement & garage floors have glacial till in them too! Not the outdoor concrete, they use limestone mix for that...but might fill in underneath with glacial pea gravel. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have panned at a pit where gravel it took from and keep comming out with somthing that looks like gold but it isnt, its not soft like gold, it shines in the sun like gold, but has sharp edges, its starting to piss me off, ill have a pan of black sand and that crap, then at the very bottom of the pan ill see a FEW specks of flour gold :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B1u3Dr4g0n1 said:
I have panned at a pit where gravel it took from and keep comming out with somthing that looks like gold but it isnt, its not soft like gold, it shines in the sun like gold, but has sharp edges, its starting to piss me off, ill have a pan of black sand and that crap, then at the very bottom of the pan ill see a FEW specks of flour gold :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I think I've seen some of what your,re talking about...but there is also a lot of small mica flakes, rocks containing gold colored mica flakes, making things more complicated. Mica flakes are softer and brittle, disappear in rocks if you turn them a different angle or place out of direct light. Gold will shine while turning it in all directions. We do have some iron pyrite in Indiana plus a whole bunch of hot rocks.

Always keep an eye out for platinum. I have no experience with it...is harder than gold, not sure how much. I mention this because in Canada, an area to our north, some nice platinum nuggets have been found in or around gold placers.

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep an eye out for anything that catches my eye..... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I use in Indiana for gear..... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,576

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ought to take that to some place like Quartzsite, Az. GPAA has been adding some new claims out there. Here is a photo from their Flatfoot claim near MiddleCamp Mt. During the gold rush era, they just blasted the ridge away for gold. Even back by the entrance, at the highway...I saw a couple guys drywashing, produced plenty of gold in the concentrates when panned out...small by western standards, but easy enough for me to see.

Me, I had a nugget detector, a complete waste of time...surface has been detectod by armies of nugget hunters in the past. Need to dig and move rocks for gold. Next time I'd be sure to take a drywasher, good digging tools. This claim produces some nuggets, about the size of a US quarter in size.

Attachments

• middlecampmtclaim7.jpg
    middlecampmtclaim7.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 889
  • middlecampmtclaim7.jpg
    middlecampmtclaim7.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 738
OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a sweet spot

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone knows of any place they can go with in driving distance to NW Indiana and wants to go but doesnt have the equipment, I have a highbanker/dredge combo I can set up if there is a water source or I have a self contained highbanker if we have to pack in water and a blue bowl for clean up.....we can both work the area and split what we find....I do need proof of ok to prospect from land owner or other wise of the area.....let me know...THANKS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread