gold were it is maps and it will show you all the claims and who as them and lot

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Upvote 0

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks much for the info.
take care and be safe out there. ron

yttrabbit

Dec 10, 2009
Oakdale, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, FisherGold Bug 2, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Garrett Pro Pin Pointer,
These maps are a rip off. I'll sell you mine for half the price :laughing7: I spent $40.00 for these maps in my area to download and also bought paper maps for about the same and again another rip off. You can do much better using Geocommunicator.com for free and map out the latitude and longitude on Google Earth.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad you brought that to our attention about the maps.
thanks much and be safe out there. ron

Nugget Hunter Smith

Jun 18, 2010
Mobile, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not trust these maps. The only true source is at the BLM office or County Recorders Office where the claims are recorded. If you want to go prospecting, join a club as they already have filed mining claims for you to use.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto.

The status of claims (active or inactive) can change in a day's time. Unless they are going to put out a brand new map every day and send it to you for one price, you are wasting your money.

Wherever you go, go to the BLM office. And, just so you know - GeoCommunicator is often wrong, also, because it is not updated every day.

You need to know where you are going (claimed and unclaimed) ON THE DAY you go there. And, also, just because something is unclaimed, doesn't mean its clear for you to go on. You also have to make sure the area has not had restrictions put on it, like mineral withdrawals, or whatever.

It takes a little work. (but well worth it).

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread