May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I was asking about in another post, went back to get some pics for an I.D. from yall. I found this type of bedrock in the creek and was able to break off a section. Don't know if it was granite,shale, or what but it breaks in sections. Well when I broke this chunk off there's small quartz viens and this ''gold'' vein. I washed all this ''gold'' and black sand into the pan and took a pic. I don't believe it's gold cause while it's wet and I rub it real hard it disentergrates to a liquid like. The quartz is also real crumbly like its rotten or something. someone mentioned mica schist........ is that it now that there is pics to help i.d.?

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4,128
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 1,712
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 1,631
Upvote 0
OP
OP
eureka77

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st pic the stuff
2nd is the rock it came from on the right
3rd the rotten veins of quartz
man this geology stuff is awesome, wish I paid attention in school, I want to learn this stuff bad. Tomorrow it's off to buy some mineral books.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Well first off, your pic of the stuff in the pan is way to distant to really see any detail for me. However the pics of the rocks up close is decent and I still think that's just mica schist metamorphic rock. Quartz is usually a constituent of schist's. You can tell the rock pictured is schist because of the foliation and the small mineral grains that are evident and split off.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what state are you in eureka ? from the pics ur spot looks good lots of spots to break apart.

OP
OP
eureka77

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another one. I live in NC above Mooresville. Out in the country around harmony nc on a farm creek is where this was taking, all the creesks and streams are like this, for the most part. No gold yet but it's still fun and the spots look like some should be there.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 5,842

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eureka77 said:
Here's another one. I live in NC above Mooresville. Out in the country around harmony nc on a farm creek is where this was taking, all the creesks and streams are like this, for the most part. No gold yet but it's still fun and the spots look like some should be there.
mica schist

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
mica schist? ok but what is it, I have been panning for some time but have not seen this befor. or have i just been missing it.

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eureka77
when you get one of them big pans like that,your best bet to save the gold is to run that stuff trug the blue bowl.it will take all that stuff,and put it in a bucket,but it will save all the gold,if you have any in it.
n

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread