Need a faster method
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2007
    Grayling, MI
    ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
    4 times

Need a faster method

Ok I am getting fine powder gold in every pan. No shortage........But I have tons of material to move just to get it. The material its in is beach type sand and the black sand reveals itself while panning it. If I bought a tummel or high banker would it capture that flour gold or would it just flow on out? Whats the best type of machine to get flour gold out of sand at a rapid rate. Panning for it is way way way to slow for the amount you get in each pan.

What are your thoughts?
    You slept in peace last night because brave men stood ready to preform violent acts on your behalf!

us
    Jun 2009
    340 times

Re: Need a faster method

Keene's highbanker made for Nome, Alaska. Its made just for fine gold like you mention.

http://markkeeneeng.blogspot.com/201...gh-banker.html
    Sample till you find the hot spot, then mine it till its gone! Then start over...

us
    Jun 2010
    Spokane, Wa
    Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
    4 times

You might try looking into a Miller Table. I have accumulated the pieces to build mine, but haven't had the time to put it together and try it out

-Lance

us
    Sep 2008
    so kalifornia
    gmt, falcon md20
    29 times
    Prospecting

popandson sluice is made for this type of gold i have seen them on many forums and heard good reviews although i have never tried one myself. if i had this type of gold i would search for them. highdesertranger

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6705 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Go keene as pm is pms-John

pa
    Mar 2010
    Repuplic of Panama
    fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
    2 times

angusmackirk sluices have a great rep for capturing fine gold, just purchased one, waiting for it to arrive, check it out
    at angusmackirk.com gold n sand has a magnet and tray system for removing black sand, you might want to check
    the video on their site. seems to work well, I bought the sluice so I could process more material and like that the mackirk
    keeps the smaller stuff.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4610 times

lem49,
    I've talked with the folks at the McKirk "works" and they were helpful, even emailed me one of their instruction sheets on how to use their sluice.
    I will be very interested to learn what you think of your McKirk sluice!!!!! What model have you purchased?

Thanks, 63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Feb 2008
    Kentucky
    White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
    14 times
    Prospecting and coin shooting

I've been on the GPAA Nome, AK trip. They use homemade beach boxes (highbankers) made out of plywood with ribbed rubber matting in them. Just build yourself one and shovel away! I'm sure if you Google them you'll find plans. Good luck!
    Lookin' and pickin'!

Sponsored Links