Need a faster method

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Ok I am getting fine powder gold in every pan. No shortage........But I have tons of material to move just to get it. The material its in is beach type sand and the black sand reveals itself while panning it. If I bought a tummel or high banker would it capture that flour gold or would it just flow on out? Whats the best type of machine to get flour gold out of sand at a rapid rate. Panning for it is way way way to slow for the amount you get in each pan.

What are your thoughts?

Upvote 0

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
You might try looking into a Miller Table. I have accumulated the pieces to build mine, but haven't had the time to put it together and try it out

-Lance

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
popandson sluice is made for this type of gold i have seen them on many forums and heard good reviews although i have never tried one myself. if i had this type of gold i would search for them. highdesertranger

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
angusmackirk sluices have a great rep for capturing fine gold, just purchased one, waiting for it to arrive, check it out
at angusmackirk.com gold n sand has a magnet and tray system for removing black sand, you might want to check
the video on their site. seems to work well, I bought the sluice so I could process more material and like that the mackirk
keeps the smaller stuff.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lem49,
I've talked with the folks at the McKirk "works" and they were helpful, even emailed me one of their instruction sheets on how to use their sluice.
I will be very interested to learn what you think of your McKirk sluice!!!!! What model have you purchased?

Thanks, 63bkpkr

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been on the GPAA Nome, AK trip. They use homemade beach boxes (highbankers) made out of plywood with ribbed rubber matting in them. Just build yourself one and shovel away! I'm sure if you Google them you'll find plans. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread