Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Gold panning streams in north georgia?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2008
    Fisher 1270 with 5", 8",5x10",10-1/2",12" HotHead Coils, Fisher CZ-5 with 8",10-1/2" coils, Tesoro Compadre
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Gold panning streams in north georgia?

I am looking to try out gold panning I live in Murray Co. GA. And was curious if anyone on here knew a place that I could give a try that is close to where I live. Thanks

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    661 times

Re: Gold panning streams in north georgia?

VERY NICE specimend!!!

us
    Sep 2008

Almost all the creeks in north georgia have gold in them. Especially around the dalonega and cleveland areas. The gold belt runs from alabama thru northwest and north central georgia into north carolina and virginia. gpaa (gold prospectors association ) has a gold camp just outside of cleveland, ga.

Apr 2008
    Cumming Georgia

I am going to try Chattahoochee National forest on sunday. I can both metal detect and pan. At least I am positive it is legal there. I have been up to Cleveland and Dahlonega and will go again but so far only a few flakes

us
    Sep 2008

Be aware, all the national forrest and tva properties require permits to metal detect or gold pan. I know for sure the tva properties do. They can take your equipment , your money, your freedom and the car you came in, so be careful. You can go the tva (tennessee valley association) website and download a free application for a metal detecting permit from them. But it is only good for camping areas, beach areas, and public access areas near boat ramps and such. Still there is some good hunting in some of these areas. As for the gold panning. LDMA (lost dutchmans mining association) and GPAA (gold prospecting association of america) have a gold camp in cleveland, ga. and in both south and north carolina. To use the camp you must be a LDMA member or a guest of one. You will find flake gold and a picker every now and then, but it fun. There is a pay for use gold camp next door to the one in georgia. Several more are scattered around north georgia. You also have tammys consolidated mine in delonaga, ga. pay for use.

us
    Good Luck and Heavy Pans

Feb 2011
    Winston, Georgia
    26 times
    Prospecting

here is a link for some Ga Gold info.
    http://www.gold-pro.biz/mining%20doc...%20GEORGIA.pdf

good luck!
    Alan McCary
    SGMA-GPAA.COM
    WEGM

"what you hear you forget. what you see you remember. what you do you understand"

Mar 2011
    101 times

Be warned. Parts of the Chatahoochee National Forest are no place to "cut your teeth" bushwhacking. The going can get very rough very quickly once you stray off the blacktop and park trails. Straight up and down climbing through brush so thick you need a machette. I wouldn't be surprised to hear alot of people have been found dead within two or three miles of rescue. Good Luck. Do your homework. Talk to the locals before you go in too deep. I spent three weeks there and didn't find any gold. Just alot of darn difficult terrain.

us
    Aug 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Minelab Sovereign GT
    500 times

Hey, TheNewCatfish...

You just have to be crazy! he..he..he..

lpatty1 likes this.

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    7 times

This is my neck of the woods. I thought it was illegal to metal detect in GA state parks?
    LMAO

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1635 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by hombre_de_plata_flaco
    This is my neck of the woods. I thought it was illegal to metal detect in GA state parks?
    Senior Hombre, I am learning Spanish using a R_____Stone CD. May I ask, does the portion of your name... Plata_Flaco mean little (thin) silver, or lean plate? Please help me out... Tnx. TTC
    ONE MIND - ANY WEAPON

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    7 times

The moniker translates to "Skinny Silver Man". You should learn to speak Mexican instead of Spanish - it's much more practical.
    LMAO

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewCatfish
    Be warned. Parts of the Chatahoochee National Forest are no place to "cut your teeth" bushwhacking. The going can get very rough very quickly once you stray off the blacktop and park trails. Straight up and down climbing through brush so thick you need a machette. I wouldn't be surprised to hear alot of people have been found dead within two or three miles of rescue. Good Luck. Do your homework. Talk to the locals before you go in too deep. I spent three weeks there and didn't find any gold. Just alot of darn difficult terrain.
    Sorry you didn't find more gold. I agree with your assessment of the terrain in these parts, but it's not so bad if you have been raised here and grown accustomed to spending time in the woods. I heard or read something once many years ago that the NE GA mountains are about as close to a tropical rainforest that you will find in America in terms of elevation, rainfall, heat, and humidity.
    LMAO

us
    Aug 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Minelab Sovereign GT
    500 times

The area does have a lot of gold, it's like beauty... you got'a known where to look!

The Chattooga begins in southern Jackson County, North Carolina, then flows southwestward between northwestern Oconee County, South Carolina, and eastern Rabun County, Georgia. The river was used as a setting for the fictional Cahulawassee River in the book and film Deliverance.

ge
    Apr 2011
    Georgia
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Number9
    The area does have a lot of gold, it's like beauty... you got'a known where to look!

The Chattooga begins in southern Jackson County, North Carolina, then flows southwestward between northwestern Oconee County, South Carolina, and eastern Rabun County, Georgia. The river was used as a setting for the fictional Cahulawassee River in the book and film Deliverance.

Wouldn't trade living here for anywhere else, but it's more of a place to raise kids or retire. Not so great if you are a "Captain of Industry" type. lol

And I think Deliverance is one of the best movies ever. The "squeal like a pig" part overshadows the rest of the gripping and tense film. The banjo boy also works in a restaurant here. He's pretty cool and not as ******ed as his character in the film.
    LMAO

us
    Aug 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Minelab Sovereign GT
    500 times

Is Billy still doing dishes in Clayton?

My favorite part of the movie...

Turk454 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors