Planning a Trip along the San Francisco River. Can Anyone Help ?

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Planning a gold panning adventure of a lifetime beginning in April and lasting till October. I'll be travelling by boat and some by foot. Primitive camping and panning for gold. After stopping a couple of places in NewMexico, i plan to put into the San Francisco River at Alma, New Mexico just west of the Mongollon Mts. in Catron County, and ride it down to where it interects the Blue River and later the Gila River south of Clifton. Has anyone here panned along these rivers ? Any advise or suggestions about the best spots would be greatly appreciated. I'm 54 and retired. Waited my entire working life to make a trip like this.

Of course i could join a club in Arizona and pan on a proven claim, but that just wouldn't be the same to me. Thanks for the help.

CATFISH

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? under the dredging topic is a thread on new mexico being extremely non mining and such?? never mined there myself but maybe a local can help ya with current info?? sorry to hear you waited soooooooooo long to enjoy life a mining fun-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions