Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to GO!!

First I was glad to see the safety rope used coming down the cliff face, that was Wise so Good On Ya!! Second that had to be cold and the not beans must have tasted like heaven ( I think it was a can of beans)! The dog came Great! The gold, what can I say, that color in the sluice looked good even before the camera zoomed in on it! What a great adventure, thanks for sharing it.......63bkpkr

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful...you guys are truly hardcore! :headbang: What was the final take on the day? :hello2:

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I cant wait to get back in there in the summer. We were only searching for a little more than a hour that day and we started hitting gold. We were not even at bedrock yet one of the guys started finding gold on his boot. Was not placed there he had walked through the diggings and it stuck there.

march11bootgold.jpg

mar11ice.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boot INspection - a new sampling method! That was a lucky spot by someone to see the gold on the bottom of the boot! Good Luck with it this summer!!...........63bkpkr

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Great spot man and thanks for the video.

Also about the boot: one of my prospecting buddies has a spot that consistently has nice fine gold he gets from washing out the inside of his wading shoes when he gets home. I will try and find a pic of the gold he gets from inside his wading shoes.

Macklin

Jan 13, 2011
Anniston Alabama
I have not found any with a pan yet so I guess I will start checking my boots. Maybe I will have better luck . Thanks for the video and pictures Mr.Friesen . What are the summer time temperatures like there ?

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Thank you everyone for watching and for all your comments.. In that canyon in the summer I would say the average temp would be about 18-28C I would say on a really hot day could be ever warmer.. So in the summer this place will become a paradise. I cant wait to splash around in the creek in the summer and search for gold its going to be a good one this year I can feel it.

Crom2000
www.spindlequest.com/treasureleads.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread