jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great... now you will just want more, and more and.

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jog said:
Looks great... now you will just want more, and more and.

Heck, I was that way before I found it, but it sure did a number on me when I did! I am going to a GPAA outing this weekend so I hope to find a whole lot more!

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Good job man. Now sit back and role the gold over and over in the bottle.. Now get prepared to be hypnotized and to let the gold fever take control nothing will put out the fever but more GOLD.

Daryl

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daryl Friesen said:
Good job man. Now sit back and role the gold over and over in the bottle.. Now get prepared to be hypnotized and to let the gold fever take control nothing will put out the fever but more GOLD.

Daryl

Llano River in Kingsland Texas. I was out just west of Llano this weekend on the Llano River at the RRGPAA and found some more gold and today I found some specs and some garnets.

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of some of the gold I found. There is a lot more I still got to pan out of my black sands. Yesterday I found a big whirlpool hole about 3ft around and and when I stood on the cobble stones and gravel in the hole it was about mid thigh deep. I picked out the big cobble stones and dug out the sand, dirt, and smaller gravel and I had enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket and 2 pan fulls.

I started to pan and found some gold specs and small flakes. It was getting late in the evening so I just started panning and cleaning out the magnetite and pitching it and leaving the black sands with the gold specs and flakes and I just started sucking up black sands and the gold in my little sucker bottle, and leaving the smaller black rocks and some silver looking ones. After I got the the hole cleaned out I took the 5 gallon bucket full of water and poured it in the hole and took my sucker tube and sucked all the rest of the sand and dirt out. Anyway, I cleaned that hole out dry!!!!!

After I got up to the camp site, I took my black sands out of the sucker bottle and pour it into a ziplock bag, and laid it out flat so I could show off my finds. A woman pointed out garnet in the sands, and the President of RRGPAA, even pointed out some bigger pieces!!!!!

I am now KICKING MYSELF IN THE BEHIND because I KNEW I had thrown out bigger pieces of the black rock! Yeah when the sun hits it, it will show red. So last night when I got back, I dumped my black sands and garnet and took a sun lamp and picked out all the pieces of garnet and put them in a glass vile.

The one picture of the gold is what I picked out of a crevice in a boulder. I did find a piece of Native American scraping tool that was in the crevice. It is about 3/4 in tall and about a 1/2 wide.

Attachments

• SANY0633.JPG
    SANY0633.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,027
  • SANY0632-1.JPG
    SANY0632-1.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 1,040

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked with the Doc and his diagnosis is....... GOLD FEVER :headbang:
Keep up the good work.

GG~

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got some panning of some of the sand, dirt, black sand, and some of the gold I recovered out of the whirlpool hole yesterday and boy am I freaken smiling!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

After I saw some of the flakes when I was panning the first few pans, (which was the dirt at the bottom of the hole), I went ahead and put some of the sand and dirt in a big ziplock bag and brought it home because I didn't want to chance losing anything in the river not even one little spec!

I am going to soak my black sands in vinegar for about 4 days to get the rest of the gold out because I got some HEAVY black sands that don't want to move around when swirling the water in my pan.

I am going back out to Kingsland tomorrow to move that boulder off the side of the bank and see what I find under it, dig some of the dirt to bring it home, then I am going to hit some crevices and vegetation in the river on the granite islands!

Attachments

• SANY0635.JPG
    SANY0635.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 981

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got the fever alright :icon_thumleft:
Nice gold!

GG~

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArizonaGoldFever said:
Nice find! I went out a few times in Llano when I lived in Austin. Never did find much, just a few specks of color. Looks like you've found a good spot!

You got to look in all the crevises where gold will get trapped, under front and back of boulders in the river or in flood stage areas, plant roots, (yes, you have to dig them up and go as deep as you can, especially if they are in the middle of the river, Llano River has tons of little islands), whirlpool holes, etc. The gold coming into the Llano River is washing out from the mountains and going into the river. I dug a nice little flake about the size of a pin head but flat out of some dirt I dug from the creek bank about 6 feet above the creek. Most people only go where it is easier for them. Most won't truck through the river, especially walking in or across waist or chest deep water, or walk up a river several hundreds of feet from land to find a good spot, but gold is in there trust me.

There was another prospector there and he was digging under a boulder, (it had a crevise opening and a catfish darted out from under it when he was pulling out rocks), in the river and found a bunch of gold flakes and some specs in the black sand. After showing off his finds in his pan it was getting dark and he was putting some of his stuff in a blue bowl and he was talking to someone and he pointed, somewhere and unluckily about that time he dropped his hand his finger bumped the pan and flipped it off the table and out went the gold! He scraped up as much dirt he could but didn't find most of his gold.

I am NEW to prospecting, I know NOT to leave your flakes in a pan much less try and clean out your concentrates at dark outside.

That was the main reason I bagged up my dirt, sand, and etc in a ziplock bag because even though it was daylight I wasn't going to lose anything much less my gold in the river! What little gold I found prior went into a separate bottle locked up and sealed, especially some of the flakes!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A person just reading your post can literally feel your excitement.
Hope you do well at Kingsland. Gold Nuggets :hello:

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Yep.....you are now another GAD (gold addiction dissorder) victim. There is NO known cure. Well done on your findings.
Two little gadgets you can add to your tool list is an eye loop magnefying glass that you can hang around your neck so you can closely inspect the black sands in your pan for any sign of very fine gold & the other thing is a gold snuffer bottle that you can use to suck up the gold from your pan concentrates with. Acts also as a very safe place to accumulate your gold.
Here I am using my crevice sucker to clean out a crevice.

Crevicesucker004.jpg

Dumping the contents from the crevice in to my pan

Crevicesucker003.jpg

Gold & black sands left after panning off.

operatingsluicebox020.jpg

Gold brought in to a tail behind the black sands

Crevicesucker001.jpg

Then using the snuffer bottle to suck up the gold for safe keeping

operatingsluicebox023.jpg

Snuffer bottle

goldsuckerbottle.jpg

Happy hunting

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW KIWI, Nice looking gold!!!! I got me a couple of snuffer bottles, a magnifying glass, a sucker tube I made and I also made me a hand suction dredge pump. You can check it out on the Home Made Equipment thread. It works pretty darn good!!!!!!!

What I need is a good suction dredge so I can suck up 2-3 feet of sand to get to the granite river bottom and get those hard to reach places! Too much work digging and moving sand by hand and a shovel and panning it!!

I am getting some aluminum sheet metal next week to make me a sluice box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread