Middle Tn gold?

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
Until recently I lived in waverly. I didn't find any but I didn't look very hard. As they say gold is where you find it. I don't imagine that there would be a whole motherlode but there could be enough to play with. Grab a pan and check out the creeks.

pensacolakid

Sep 29, 2008
seneca, south carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
You hear rumors occasionally about someone finding gold in central tennessee but I have not ever seen the proof. As far as I know, the gold belt just includes the eastern part of tennessee where georgia and north carolina meet. The gold belt runs northeast from just east of birmingham, alabama northeast up into the virginias. Clipping east tennessee , north and central georgia, western north carolina and so forth.

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For a chance at a possible free membership I'd be there with bells on, that is if lived in that area. I reckon I'm about 1500 mi or so shy.

Gramps

mfund99

Aug 12, 2011
There's supposedly gold along the Caney Fork River (below Center Hill Lake dam) but I haven't had any luck there. If you go, be careful as I've seen the river rise a foot in 15 minutes. Swift current and deep in spots. Other spots in Tennessee are listed at http://onlinegoldmaps.com. Good luck!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Most states have a department of mines and geology (or a similar title). These are little-known resources of excellent local information - much of it is free or low-cost.

Some of these publications are so good private publishers reprint them and sell them for quite a bit more than the state offices.

I would suggest you poke around this website:

http://www.tn.gov/environment/tdg/programs.shtml#

and see what you can come up with.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any more recent info on gold in middle TN? I live in south central KY and the middle TN area is not all that far from me and I would be interested in exploring this topic a bit more.

Bill

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Any more recent info on gold in middle TN? I live in south central KY and the middle TN area is not all that far from me and I would be interested in exploring this topic a bit more.

Bill

likely best to start a new thread asking around, this is pretty old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread