EAST FORK , SAN GABRIAL , SO CAL

moondog2000

Mar 19, 2010
Beaumont California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT,MXT,GOLD MONSTER 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last thursday my wife and I got to the east fork at about 2:30 in the afternoon to pan . Well I found a real sweet spot, one of the gold layers. I could not believe the gold in every pan we were getting. We panned till the sun went down and walked out in the dark. I sure wished I'd had all day and my sluice. I'll try to load some pics of a couple pans we got. Got some nice little pickers-clinkers.
[/img]

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,584
Upvote 0

LosAngelesGuy

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for being patient, I got it now and what you said before now makes sense.I don't get up there as much as I would like. the parking irritates me , they say on the weekend you need to get up there before 6am .I would have to get up at 3 am, Good Lord I go to bed at midnight. Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get back up there Moondog
So, did you ever find that black tree and dig the area just above it? Just curious...

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
People do go up but I think the old burnt tree may be gone.:dontknow: I'll keep looking though.:icon_thumleft:

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin folks...
I have a few different size buttons, fines, and misc gold I've refined and collected over the years (a lot of it from East Fork) that I'd like to have smelted into small denomination (stamped) bars or coins, in So Cal...I'd like to take it in personally and watch the process if possible...

Does anyone have a recommendation...and what I can expect the cost to be?

I'm not looking to sell it..I just want to convert it to a more identifiable, acceptable, and transferable form..

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett carrot, bazooka gold trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out there today, first time on this river. Myself and 2 friends. We are all 3 detector dorks but that river and the stories and all, might need to look into a sluice box and try my luck at it. Sounds like I'm about 100 years late to the game but there just might be something left.

First post, hello and thanks for the thread. Really interesting.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A LOT of trash there. Your best option is to hike back towards the Bridge. Less trash and more gold. Hit the hillsides and the gravel bars. G/L

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Snow... EF is the place. Still a lot of gold up there.

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett carrot, bazooka gold trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got myself a bazooka and got out there yesterday. Not much to show for it but a great time. Next time we will try hiking back in more. Only hiked for about 45 min. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437083968.622451.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like they say, "The best place to find gold is where it has already been found!"

Mike

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At least you had a good time. Did ya at least get a dollar? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437086091.837942.jpg

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heading to the river this weekend. Anyone else going out?

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome little video. Thanks Pat. It's good to See Savage, early in his career on the mountain. Hope Martin is still doing well. Rest in Piece " Papa Bear ".

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very interesting video. Some friends in there. The filmmaker seems like a nice guy. Trying to be fair

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alright guys. This video started a movement. We're going to occupy the East Fork next Saturday. Details to come soon.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope it works out. Get some people out there early. I wanna represent but I really just want to find some gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread