pennsylvania gold ???

bosshoss98

Aug 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detecting near factoryville

Hello, I live near Lake Carey and am new at this but have a nice detector. A Garrett AT Gold. Shoot me an email. [email protected]

smbgold

Greenie
Aug 2, 2013
maryland
Anyone been to peters creek and found gold I think I was in the wrong spot I'm going out tommor for the day I got my new sluice a51a mini sluice to try out

Lawless1

Apr 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my amazement I found just under an ounce of gold not far from your location. About a year ago me and a buddy fallowed the Conemaugh river threw the hills after the Conemaugh gap and found gold right before the river runs into the Conemaugh dam at Blairsville / Livermore. Along the bends in the river you`ll find nice black silt and if you pan it out thoroughly you should find some gold. We found small flakes to large flakes and even some small nuggets. It is however very remote out that way and would advise to take a firearm due to the large game that wonders the mountain sides. I am also a Native of Windber and have heard recent rumors of gold being found in the Paint creek up stream from mine 40, not sure if it holds any truth but I have seen a few people while out fishing with pans and metal detectors poking around the creek bed. Hope this helps out and as always happy hunting.

Lawless1

Apr 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my amazement I found just under an ounce of gold not far from Johnstown, PA. About a year ago me and a buddy fallowed the Conemaugh river threw the hills after the Conemaugh gap and found gold right before the river runs into the Conemaugh dam at Blairsville / Livermore. Along the bends in the river you`ll find nice black silt and if you pan it out thoroughly you should find some gold. We found small flakes to large flakes and even some small nuggets. It is however very remote out that way and would advise to take a firearm due to the large game that wonders the mountain sides. I am also a Native of Windber and have heard recent rumors of gold being found in the Paint creek up stream from mine 40, not sure if it holds any truth but I have seen a few people while out fishing with pans and metal detectors poking around the creek bed. Hope this helps out and as always happy hunting.

FeMontero

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2012
Montclair, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone been to peters creek and found gold I think I was in the wrong spot I'm going out tommor for the day I got my new sluice a51a mini sluice to try out
Yesterday I went to Peters Creek and I can certainly say there is some gold in there... I was able to get 2 small flakes by just panning for 1/2 day. I'm waiting for my sluice to arrive this week so I can venture out there and surrounding creeks a bit more. If interested we could meet and go panning.

Last edited:

pinnaclepilot

Sep 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my amazement I found just under an ounce of gold not far from your location. About a year ago me and a buddy fallowed the Conemaugh river threw the hills after the Conemaugh gap and found gold right before the river runs into the Conemaugh dam at Blairsville / Livermore. Along the bends in the river you`ll find nice black silt and if you pan it out thoroughly you should find some gold. We found small flakes to large flakes and even some small nuggets. It is however very remote out that way and would advise to take a firearm due to the large game that wonders the mountain sides. I am also a Native of Windber and have heard recent rumors of gold being found in the Paint creek up stream from mine 40, not sure if it holds any truth but I have seen a few people while out fishing with pans and metal detectors poking around the creek bed. Hope this helps out and as always happy hunting.

Hi Lawless1
I live near indiana pa and have panned a few of the rivers in this area and didn't find any gold at all. Did you do your panning close to the Conemaugh gap or closer to blairsville?

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A good friend of mine has a bunch of land in PA that has been in his family for ages.
His grandparents bought a few hundred acres when land was nearly free and has been passed along to him.
Recently a significant amount of oil has been discovered and him and some neighbors have oil men beating down their doors. Liquid gold I tell ya
Pennsylvania it seems is just a fine area all the way around... Except Philly

NicJohn

Feb 7, 2013
loby already mentioned this but just a penny to add... cornwall iron furnace, along the susquehanna river (close, down stream from three mile island) did produce some gold. from what i've heard though, they weren't yankin out very many nuggets. the largest of the nuggets found weren't even bigger than a dime. they found mostly placer gold. the gold they found was enough to pay for production and the iron was the profit, from what i heard.

all we have is black gold in this state Lol GL though and HH

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Down stream from three mile island?!
I hear there's good gold in Chernobyls cooling ponds too...

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dillsburg area in South Central Pa. Placer gold in area streams. Also Laurel Run in western Perry County. Flower

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread