Pyramid Pro Plan

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe this hasn't surfaced here earlier. I'm contiplating on purchasing one of these pans and was wondering what the general consensus has to say about them. From what I've seen on youtube its a very good production pan, especially if your in an area where the water is too slow to run a sluice. Heres a video of both the Pyramid pro pan and the Maverick finishing pan. What are yall's thoughts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not so sure about that thing... when you watch the video his process looks like it would take a lot longer to process material than a normal pan and I think he charges like $100 for one. Just my opinion but I think it's a waste of money and having to use 2 different pans for one batch of dirt would kind of be a hassle. Let me know if you get one and like it I haven't really done any research on it yet to see if theres any reviews out there.

OP
OP
TarheelPanner

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That price tag is the real kicker. Thats alot of money to throw down on a pan, but you can use that pan all day and really move some material (especially if your in an area with slow moving water) then empty out your cons at once. As for reviews, theres a couple of video reviews and they seem to be pretty positive.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use Trinity pans . I have seen absolutely no reason to consider any other
to date . Regardless of size , shape , or voodoo magic .

foghornleghorn002-1-1.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Bat Pan, batpan.com their grizzly is useful as well. The magnets on the outside of the pan really clear out the magnetic black sands..........63bkpkr

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been panning since i was old enough to hold a pan. I've tried dang near all of them, and i still use my trusty garrett. Hard to beat. True, the trinity seemed like a great contraption, but after re-panning my dredge concentrates, i gave it away.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that I paid no more than $15 for my Garrett Super Sluice pan, and I also think that it will process material just as fast as the Pyramid Pro Pan. I agree with some of the others, for a pan the pro pan is pricey. My favorite pan is stil the good old GPAA pan because of the wide bottom.

paydirtX

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TarheelPanner,

I use the pyramid pan and love it. Yes it was expensive but it really goes through tons of dirt. I have my system down. It's pretty light weight I strap it to the back of my pack with a square pan and a maverick pan below that. I use all three for testing (my system) I don't think you will regret buying one if you have 100 bones to throw down. I will post a pic of what i found this last weekend as soon as my phone emails out my photos. I get large and super tiny flour gold. no nuggets or big pickers yet but i mostly take top dirt, I haven't dug a huge hole yet.

I will try to post a pic later today.

------------

OK here is a pic of the gold I found on the east fork using the PPP. So this was about 5 hours working a bank of dirt say 6ft long X 3ft wide and about 3feet deep. This is just dirt straight into PPP for a while then I will empty the plug into a square pan to work out most of the black sand. gold.jpg

Last edited:

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
I haven't used a lot of different pans but I bought the Pro Pan a year or so ago. I can really run some material through it, much more than a sluice. Then at the end of the day I use a Garrett pan to pan the concentrates. I had the Pro Pan in my garage and I guess it had some moisture around the plug. It froze and split the pan. I emailed the manufacturer and he sent me a new one. I had it in four days. Can't beat that.

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Pyramid Pan broke 1st time I used it in a shallow creek. Thought I had enough water under it, maybe 10 inches, but the plastic flare around the plug split open and the plug fell out and half the riffle things were cracked under the rivets before I even got to the water.Dunno if I got a lemon or what? How do I get a replacement? How deep does the pool of water have to be for using this pan? Good concept otherwise, but now I am 120 dollars poorer right away...plastic may be cheaper but it don't hold up well in my opinion...
Thanks.

-Tom

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Pyramid Pan broke 1st time I used it in a shallow creek. Thought I had enough water under it, maybe 10 inches, but the plastic flare around the plug split open and the plug fell out and half the riffle things were cracked under the rivets before I even got to the water.Dunno if I got a lemon or what? How do I get a replacement? How deep does the pool of water have to be for using this pan? Good concept otherwise, but now I am 120 dollars poorer right away...plastic may be cheaper but it don't hold up well in my opinion...
Thanks.

-Tom

They have a lifetime guaranty so if not damaged in shipment or by you or someone else you should be able to get a replacement. Go to Fossickers.com for contact info.
Low water should not be an issue unless you are banging it on the bottom of the pool or on rocks, etc.
Good luck.

Last edited:

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, thanks Ariz. I will check it out. I see you use a Tesoro Lobo ST like I do, my all time fave metal detector. I just tweaked mine to go deeper on coins, used to max out at 8 inches, now can hit quarters and halves at 12-14 inches altho it messed up my Disc a bit and chatters a bit more. I need a new prospecting buddy in Arizona if you might PM me? Hope to be out there in late October to prospect with detector.
Thanks.

-Tom

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Give me a regular pan and I'm just fine. Dump everything in, wash off the larger rocks to get the gold that you lose unless you wet screen, throw them out, work the material down, use your hand to filter the larger pebbles, look at them, throw them and continue. It's fast, easy, no buckets and screens, and if I'm moving a lot of material just stop short of finishing and dump more material in. Finish panning after several pans and you're doing the same thing.

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys,

I've been using the Pyramid Pro Pan for a while now. It is the key to my sampling system. For my system it replaces a sluice.

I have Garett 14" pans too but they are for a different purpose. The pyramid pan allows me to concentrate sample material in the field and then drop it into a bag by removing the plug. It is a huge time saver over a sluice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions