Best Day So Far

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a new prospecting spot and did better thanIā€™ve ever before. Just panning and sluicing but I found over a hundred piecesin five hours. Flour and flakes but the size was considerably larger than Ihave been finding. After looking back at what I learned form here and Lassitersbook. I realized what I needed to do is set back take a good look at the site and check everything out before I just start digging. Ifound a large boulder four feet off an inside bend gravel bar. The materialdown stream and between the rock and the bar (slow water) was loaded. First sample pan gaveup 13 pieces and the best sluice clean up was over 20 pieces. Canā€™t wait to goback. That must be the fever part.
Indiana Gold.JPG

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, that's the fever! Glad ya caught it, have fun!........63bkpkr

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nevermind the negitivity, you go for it and Good Luck!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great job reading the river, that's a key skill to develop!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might as well just go collect aluminum cans. :dontknow:

Don't give up on the prospecting for gold. What you got is a good start and besides, you can
always collect and recycle the aluminum cans when you are not prospecting. :laughing7:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reallyā€¦. Shamblerā€¦. I wasnā€™t looking for argument with my post.... which is why I figure you made the comment you have. In my bookā€¦. people like you donā€™t deserve my time, so go find your argument somewhere else. It amazes me how some people use the internet to hide from the reality of giving general human respect. I don't know you and you don't know me but that hasn't kept you from making some smat a$$ comment I don't deserve. My guess is youā€™ll reply to this post with some form of response to support and continue your argumentative opinion. If you do donā€™t expect to hear from me.... as like I said ā€œYou donā€™t deserve any more of my time.ā€ If you don't respond then everyone will know you were wrong. And by the way youā€™re the lucky first to be on my ā€œIgnore listā€so I won't have to listen to your crap.

Last edited:

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Oooh get over yourself. It was a joke - and a pretty funny one since most people who treasure hunt could make WAY more money simply working at McDonalds. I still treasure hunt and smile, but I'm aware of how silly it actually is and find it funny that I spend 4 hours for an Indian head and a silver dime. Next time I'll throw in a smiley face for you - that way you won't get so bent out of shape. I don't mind being on your ignore list, there are the occasional sensitive Sally's that have taken that route. It means I contributed something worth following versus the never ending mindless "good jobs, buddy" and the "at least you got out". You could automate half this dang site and just create 40 replies to every post with some mutation of "attaboy".

Good luck hitting the motherlode!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Attaboy Shambler. LOL

Seriously, thx for adding some humor!

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like you had a nice little run there. I usually find about the same amount when I go out, sometimes more and sometimes less, it really depends on where I go and how much I don't mind straining my back. Last summer I had some friends go sluicing and panning not far from where I normally go and they found a nice little nugget, it was their first time ever prospecting in my state (I tried offering $300 for the nugget but they wouldn't take it!) Prospecting is kind of like fishing in a way, you could go home empty-handed or you could do way better than you had initially expected, as long as you're having fun and finding enough to keep yourself interested and enjoyed.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold Hunter :icon_thumright:

As a fellow Hoosier I know how hard the Glacial Drift gold is to come by. I also have Chucks book and believe he is on the money concerning the quarries, bedrock potholes, and that orange hardpack layer.

Keep up the good work.

As far as the negativity goes .... some people are negative while others are positive and each usually get what they give.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did something I usually don't get involved in and it won't happen again. I was still on a high from haveing a good day and didn't care for the BS comment. GG I do realize there's many more good people here than the few that seem to enjoy posting comments for their enjoyment, to start an argument or to just pad their post count. I'm GTG and ready to find some more gold.

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oooh get over yourself. It was a joke - and a pretty funny one since most people who treasure hunt could make WAY more money simply working at McDonalds. I still treasure hunt and smile, but I'm aware of how silly it actually is and find it funny that I spend 4 hours for an Indian head and a silver dime. Next time I'll throw in a smiley face for you - that way you won't get so bent out of shape. I don't mind being on your ignore list, there are the occasional sensitive Sally's that have taken that route. It means I contributed something worth following versus the never ending mindless "good jobs, buddy" and the "at least you got out". You could automate half this dang site and just create 40 replies to every post with some mutation of "attaboy".

Good luck hitting the motherlode!

It didn't take me long on forums and even in emails to figure out the smilies are invaluable. People can't see your face or hear the nuances in your voice in a typed medium, so it's easy for the least thing to seem harsh.

That said....and I know you were joking...but I seriously doubt very many of us treasure hunters or prospectors do this with the goal of getting rich. Anyone who comes into these hobbies with that goal will not stay at it for very long. Prospecting at least, can be very hard work, there's a lot of manual labor involved. There's also a lot of disappointment to be had, we get disappointed more than we get rewarded. To me it's all about getting out and finding something no one else has ever touched. The sparkle of gold in your pan is exciting, no matter if it's a 2 ounce nugget or a tiny piece of flour gold. I found it on my own, most times with some hard work involved, and chances are no human has ever laid eyes, much less their hands, on it. That's just my 2Ā¢

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It didn't take me long on forums and even in emails to figure out the smilies are invaluable. People can't see your face or hear the nuances in your voice in a typed medium, so it's easy for the least thing to seem harsh.

That said....and I know you were joking...but I seriously doubt very many of us treasure hunters or prospectors do this with the goal of getting rich. Anyone who comes into these hobbies with that goal will not stay at it for very long. Prospecting at least, can be very hard work, there's a lot of manual labor involved. There's also a lot of disappointment to be had, we get disappointed more than we get rewarded. To me it's all about getting out and finding something no one else has ever touched. The sparkle of gold in your pan is exciting, no matter if it's a 2 ounce nugget or a tiny piece of flour gold. I found it on my own, most times with some hard work involved, and chances are no human has ever laid eyes, much less their hands, on it. That's just my 2Ā¢

I agree with Stand, a lot of prospectors don't do this with the goal of getting rich or making a living. Hobbies usually don't involve making money... a lot of hobbies drain your pocket :laughing7:. Lately I've been getting about $100 worth of gold each time I go to the creek but I probably won't ever sell it. Gold prospecting is just a thrill, despite all the work you have to put into it and what you find makes a good conversation piece. Hunter, keep up the good work. The more you go out there and prospect, the easier it gets. -N8

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some people collect aluminum cans Others, like me (and Hunter) prefer the shine. MUCH harder to collect the color... that's why we do! Keep on diggin', Hunter. TTC

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shambler YOU WERE NOT JOKING you got called and your hand sucked.......Thats why your post was short....thats why you used that specific emoticon.Hunter it takes a lot of people a fair amount of time to find color like that even in gold country. I am a general manager of a General store in Coloma, California I shouldnt have to go into detail as to where that is and what that means. I am attached to a 1000 trails campground. If you ever get a chance to vacation in California let me know I will help you find more than aluminium cans. That offer goes to any of you fellows out there taking the trip out west hit me up.....shambler stop sippin from the spine-softner if your gonna talk crap you might as well keep talkin it instead of crawfishin'

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man then I look back at the title of the thread "Best Day Ever" Hunter you didnt say what you said cause you were caught up in the high still you said it cause you had the right.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pvillehunter, Thanks for the support but I'm G.T.G. Don't generally respond to comments such as those, just got caught up in the moment. Besides I've since had even better days than that one and still going strong (even found a few alum. cans.) Too many good people here to get worried bout one. (sippin from the spine-softner)..... dude I love that one! Oh and I will def. look you up if I ever make it to Cali.

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Hunter, I was wondering if you had your sluice dialed in right. Seems with 13 in the first pan if 20 in a sluice cleanout might be a little low. My 2 cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread