Gold Strike Paydirt

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to get myself some Gold Strike paydirt. Actually I went for the bag of the month deal. I get a 3 lb bag from different Gold Strike claims each month. Costs about $18 a month. I received my second bag yesterday and it was such a beautiful day today I went out and panned it. Here are my results.

This is the first pan today.
003.jpg

Second pan.
006.jpg

Third pan.
009.jpg

Total take for this bag.
013.jpg

Put the total from both 3 lb bags. Not sure how good this is compared to other paydirt but I like it :)
015.jpg

Oh, and my wife made a new friend LOL
021.jpg

Upvote 0

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to see color in the pan, awesome looking :)

OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks :) I let some of the bigger rocks dry so my wife could look at them (she loves odd rocks). She brought one to me saying that I REALLY needed to look at it closer. There seems to be gold stuck to the rock. I'll be looking the rest of them over tonight. Not sure how to get the gold off of them without crushing them. I may just keep them the way they are as a conversation piece.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Which 'location' was the pay dirt bag from that had the cool rock with gold on it? ...want to know which dirt to ask for!!

Can you post a pic so we can all enjoy?

Did you send Don at Goldstrikepaydirt a pic? Maybe he will send you a t-shirt or something if you let him use the pic on his web site!?!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Btw, I just finished panning out a 3# bag of goldstrikepaydirt from Ralston Creek and got 0.42 grams...yes I AM happy!

OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which 'location' was the pay dirt bag from that had the cool rock with gold on it? ...want to know which dirt to ask for!!

Can you post a pic so we can all enjoy?

Did you send Don at Goldstrikepaydirt a pic? Maybe he will send you a t-shirt or something if you let him use the pic on his web site!?!

I'll try to get a good pic of THEM as soon as I can. I looked at all the rocks and found about 4 more that have some gold still attached. I wish I could remember where it came from but my dog tore the bag up. I'll see if I can find the ziplock bag that it came in.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, multiple?!? I really gotta know which bag to order!!

The plastic bag should have the name right on it...hope he still has more from that batch!!

ctjonb

Feb 22, 2012
Conn.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice color who was the seller ? ive never gotten that much for that price, i have gotten some
i just bought some from jbadventures out of alaska, there was one i swear it was tailing from rd contruction there was so much oil in it that it left a nasty film in my buckets and pans that was gross as anything freaked my kid out looked like i poured a cup of oil in the the water

OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, I'll look for the bag and try to get a couple pics of my rocks up today :)
ct, I went to goldstrikepaydirt.com I got myself the Bag of the Month deal. There was an issue with something on the site and it wasn't adding the shipping cost. So now the price is about $22-23 a bag. Not sure about that yet though.

OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. Here are a few pics. I took them with my phone so not the best. I believe you can see the shine on a couple of them. I'll see about getting better pics soon. Anyone have any idea the best way to get the gold out of the rock? Or would it be best to leave it the way it is because it looks cool?
020.jpg

This one actually looks like a chunk of black sand with the gold trapped in it.

018.jpg

013-1.jpg

This one you can see has a bit of gold near the tip of my index finger.

027.jpg

I'm sure you can see the shine in this one :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are definitely worth more as specimens than ground up for just the gold.

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
I ordered a couple of bags back on May 1st. I have yet to get anything. I've called and left a message and have emailed them. No response. Has anyone ordered around the same time frame and received their order already?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jagdpanther said:
I ordered a couple of bags back on May 1st. I have yet to get anything. I've called and left a message and have emailed them. No response. Has anyone ordered around the same time frame and received their order already?

That doesn't sound right at all. Don is usually really responsive...try him at [email protected] and I am sure you will get a quick response!!

OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My payment is usually on the 24th of the month and it takes about 3 weeks to get to me. It seems like longer because I'm always looking forward to getting it LOL. I got my newest bag yesterday and panned it today. I'm going to be making a miller table next week. I'm sure I'm missing some of the really fine gold. Here is my take for this bag.

006-1.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

Not much this time. But those are the biggest pieces I've ever gotten.

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
I don't have a problem if it takes several weeks. My heartburn comes from not getting any response back letting me know that it will be shipped and when I can expect it. I have emailed twice and left three voicemails. Still nothing. Not a good way to do business. I'll give it a few more days before I go to the next level.

OP
OP
F

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a problem if it takes several weeks. My heartburn comes from not getting any response back letting me know that it will be shipped and when I can expect it. I have emailed twice and left three voicemails. Still nothing. Not a good way to do business. I'll give it a few more days before I go to the next level.
I looked at my e-mail a couple of days ago and so a notice from PayPal that Goldstrike had cancelled my automatic payments. No notice at all from Goldstrike as to why this was happening. I was paying about $17 a month the their paydirt. A few weeks ago I got a message from them saying that the shopping cart thing on their site was not adding s&h charges for the Bag of the Month. They said it would be an additional $5 a month from now on. I didn't have a problem with that. But now, I don't think I'll be doing business with them again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread