Buying Paydirt or Concentrates: Why you Shouldnt..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buying Paydirt or Concentrates: Why you Shouldn't..

I get calls every week from folks looking to buy "Concentrates," of bagged "Paydirt" from us. Many companies and individuals sell concentrates, or dirt that has been dug from a placer gold claim then run through a drywasher or trommel to "Concentrate" the paydirt down to its heaviest properties. This is then bagged by the pound and sold for anywhere from $10-$250.00 depending on the "quality" of the paydirt.

I don't sell paydirt because it is a scam. I don't care what company from Alaska to Arizona, it is not worth your money. You will be better off simply buying gold flakes and cutting the dirt baggers right out of the equation. Think about it for just a second.. If the paydirt was THAT rich, why not just mine it yourself?

Bags and shipping, advertising and filling orders is expensive and time consuming, AND they are going to GIVE you gold to? No gold prospector in history is going to sell you gold for less than it cost them to get out of the ground. Gold amounts are carefully weighed into each bag. Sometimes nuggets are placed in bags going to "good" repeat customers, in order to make the buy even more bags..

If you want to practice gold panning, get some dirt, some fish tank gravel, a little sand and some Shotgun Birdshot. Mix it all up real good, and practice panning out the birdshot.
You have now been officially informed, go in peace.

Upvote 0

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I maintain you can't learn to pan without gold in the pan. Running a lot of dirt without being rewarded is boring. I've ordered bags
from Fairbanks and the thrill of seeing pickers of all shapes is great fun. And I get every speck without the dross to fill my bottles,
using the sucker tubes. I have not ordered since the price went up over 1K.

Terry, I know I paid dearly but I don't get to go to Arizona like I used to. Plus the spot we used to work is closed off now.

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I got my son hooked on prospecting buying those bags. Have been out a few times sluicing and the first person in my family to want to go. You got it my son. Have not found much more than black sand and micro flakes. But we still have those nice flakes from the bags too keep us going.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to "panning", and living in Pennsylvania, it's difficult to start off finding a gold bearing area, let alone finding the good stuff. I buy paydirt mostly as an opportunity to practice before I invest in actually searching for a good place to dig. I've even dried the dirt out, and re-hid the flakes I found and panned them out again. After work its a good way to unwind, have a few beers and relax with the guarantee you'll find something. I don't buy any with the intent on getting rich... I'm not that naive. But nonetheless, it is a business they're in, and they're the ones making the money, not me. If you go into it with that mentality, you really can't lose...

:icon_thumleft:

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's how I look at it. God bless those who can find the gold and sell it in what ever container they choose to those who want to buy it. And god bless those who are happy buying it. as for me, it's much more the time element I value. Say gas for the trip 75.00, food, 50 bucks and time 2 days spent. The look on my four grand kids faces when they have flakes in thier pans, well, it's more than priceless. It's a feeling and I dont mean gold fever. In a sense, gold has very little to do with it. You all know where I am going, so as long as two parties are happy with thier individual arrangement, so be it. Thats what makes the world go around. Just remember, when dollars are passed from one hand to another, one party is making a profit. Do the math. Just my 2 cents.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
started buying bags when AU was worth 895 then for a 90.00 bag plus shipping almost always produced 65.00$ worth nice profit for the seller and a good investment for me at least the entertainment lately the bags produce 60.00$ worth, for 120.00$ always a chance to win a big one on the specials.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!!Somebodies gettin rich!!!I need to raise my prices!!!J/K,

High Oct4ne

Greenie
Jun 26, 2012
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kuger just shipped me some of his concentrates... I hope this stuff lives up to the hype. I'll post what I find, but am sure it's gonna be worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TreasureNet

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger just shipped me some of his concentrates... I hope this stuff lives up to the hype. I'll post what I find, but am sure it's gonna be worth it.

Just to be clear...you asked for an exact amount of gold,and some blacksand/concentrate to test a sluice.......I sent you once run dirt,and an exact amount of gold.I do not salt my dirt
If you want cons bud,pm me

Waldo,yes I can wait

High Oct4ne

Greenie
Jun 26, 2012
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My fault, Kuger is right... I asked him to send me some "special made" paydirt to play around with and test a mini-sluice I had just assembled. I hope I didn't mislead anyone... He did, however, go out of his way to do this for me, and for that, I am greatly appreciative.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get calls every week from folks looking to buy "Concentrates," of bagged "Paydirt" from us. Many companies and individuals sell concentrates, or dirt that has been dug from a placer gold claim then run through a drywasher or trommel to "Concentrate" the paydirt down to its heaviest properties. This is then bagged by the pound and sold for anywhere from $10-$250.00 depending on the "quality" of the paydirt.

I don't sell paydirt because it is a scam. I don't care what company from Alaska to Arizona, it is not worth your money. You will be better off simply buying gold flakes and cutting the dirt baggers right out of the equation. Think about it for just a second.. If the paydirt was THAT rich, why not just mine it yourself?

Bags and shipping, advertising and filling orders is expensive and time consuming, AND they are going to GIVE you gold to? No gold prospector in history is going to sell you gold for less than it cost them to get out of the ground. Gold amounts are carefully weighed into each bag. Sometimes nuggets are placed in bags going to "good" repeat customers, in order to make the buy even more bags..

If you want to practice gold panning, get some dirt, some fish tank gravel, a little sand and some Shotgun Birdshot. Mix it all up real good, and practice panning out the birdshot.
You have now been officially informed, go in peace.

If you want to practice gold panning, it is still cheaper to buy gold flake than it is to buy "pay dirt" or "concentrates." God bless you folks that just want to have a little fun, just remember you are paying handsomely for it!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been practicing gold panning (in the creek ) since march of this year. I think I've got pretty good at it as I've found about a gram of Indiana flour gold. Cost...12 trips at $25.00 in fuel = $300.00, plus 100 +/_ hours in the creek and driving. All this is not including cost of equipment. So to date for the money I've spent on just my fuel cost I'm in the hole about $250 with the value of a gram of gold at about $50. I've paid handsomely as you say TS but it's been a trip and I've learned alot. You actually got me interested in the whole "pay dirt" thing with the beginning of this thread. I did my research like any good prospector should and found a good source, recommended by people on this site. Talked with him ( Kuger) and ordered 2# at $106.00 shipped. When it arrived I couldn't stand it and panned it out in one afternoon on my screen porch, in the shade, with a cold refreshment or two and my best buddy Duke our black lab. Fuel cost $0.00, less equipment, less work, less time involved. At the end of the day I had 2.25g of good ol California gold in my poke. Cost $106.00...value $112.50. Now thats what I'd call "Handsomely Rewarded." "Thank You" Terry for starting this thread I probably would never have pulled the trigger on "Pay Dirt" had you not. Just like prospecting anywhere you never know whats gonna show up in the bottom of the pan. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/300496-kuger-pay-dirt.html

By the way TS... Great web site for "Arizona Gold Adventures", lots of good info, pix and reviews by those who have been there. I am wondering tho why T-net is not advertised as one of your recommended sites for discussion forums. I'd also be interested in knowing if your customers are handsomely rewarded (with gold of course) for a $300+ one day or a $700+ two day adventure. Now I'd even be willing to give that a shot if it paid for my adventure.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to practice gold panning, it is still cheaper to buy gold flake than it is to buy "pay dirt" or "concentrates." God bless you folks that just want to have a little fun, just remember you are paying handsomely for it!

Terry....those that just want to practice....like Octane above,just pay for exactly what they are getting

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry....those that just want to practice....like Octane above,just pay for exactly what they are getting

Have fun, God Bless, go in peace..

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about half way through one of Kuger paydirt bags and I'm happy There has to be bird hunters close by Kuger's diggin's. Lot's of what looks like 7 1/2 shot. I'm always looking closely at the con's to see what else the creek bottom offers up. In Kuger's cons I also found a number 1 buck shot, a small piece of quartz almost exactly in the shape of the "&" on your key board, what I'm sure of is a small ball of Turquoises about the size of a number 4 shot, a nail point, and of course a fair amount of gold. And some small almost square 1/8th by 1/8th brown rocks. Any clue as to what they are? No color other than dull brown. Almost perfectly square. I set them aside.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about half way through one of Kuger paydirt bags and I'm happy There has to be bird hunters close by Kuger's diggin's. Lot's of what looks like 7 1/2 shot. I'm always looking closely at the con's to see what else the creek bottom offers up. In Kuger's cons I also found a number 1 buck shot, a small piece of quartz almost exactly in the shape of the "&" on your key board, what I'm sure of is a small ball of Turquoises about the size of a number 4 shot, a nail point, and of course a fair amount of gold. And some small almost square 1/8th by 1/8th brown rocks. Any clue as to what they are? No color other than dull brown. Almost perfectly square. I set them aside.
Lost,On average I take out over 15 lbs of lead a season,buckshot,birdshot,lead sinkers,rifle bullets,musket balls,and indiscriminate lead of all shapes and sizes.One never knows whats going to come up!Fortunatly in this streak no mercury has surfaced.Many of my holes will produce several pounds of it....of course there is gold in all of it.The cubes are iron pyrites and are lousy!!!Always a good sighn to get into them.I used to have a stream (pre Ban)that there was layers of thousands of em.They are kind of a pain in that capacity because they are really good at clogging the riffles.....they dont "roll",too good!

Glad to hear my average is still holding,seems to be within half a gram of cost on all reports back.......pretty good if I dont say so myself!!!I hope that holds!!!

Last edited:

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger just got into the recent stuff, less than 1# worked up and I'm at .55 now. :headbang: Was gonna keep it for a rainy day.....but can't remember the last time it rained round here. It's just after noon now and temp is 100* Heat index is to reach 115* today. No rain in the forcast for days to come. Gonna take my 8 yr. old, nephews son, out for the first time Wed. He's called me three days in a row asking if we're still gonna go. This is gonna be a gas. Later.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger just got into the recent stuff, less than 1# worked up and I'm at .55 now. :headbang: Was gonna keep it for a rainy day.....but can't remember the last time it rained round here. It's just after noon now and temp is 100* Heat index is to reach 115* today. No rain in the forcast for days to come. Gonna take my 8 yr. old, nephews son, out for the first time Wed. He's called me three days in a row asking if we're still gonna go. This is gonna be a gas. Later.

Ha!I hear ya,my water is gone!!!Streams I dont recall ever going dry.Thats not good,but I had a good season....best I have had in sometime!!Got a chance to work some production run on some cons....Man!!Unreal streaks they were!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions