Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya;

Welcome to the forums, lots of great info here and awesome people to help.

While you wait for a couple locals to chime in try google searching a couple keywords for your area and see what pops up. :)

Take care and happy hunting.

Aug 31, 2012
If you want a fun hunt try gold n gem grubbing in cleveland ga. Cheep and fun for the kids but you have to do the mining at the creek. That's where they put gold and gem dirt from their head ore mine by the creek and you go through it to see what you find. Its worth the drive to get to the gold belt of georgia.

jeff2067

May 23, 2011
Dustin Pease said:
Is anyone panning in Georgia? My 10 year old son really wants to go panning for gold and gems and I no nothing about it. We just recently moved to Ft. Benning. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Do a search for Allatoona Gold Panners. They have outings about once a month in the Cherokee and Bartow county area.

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the shortest drive for you may actually lee county Alabama
same gold belt as in Georgia, just as good of deposits
this may be a good place, according to google maps its a 2 (3 hours to gold n gems) hour drive from fort Benning south
Alabama Gold Camp - Home
happy panning

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Since the O.P. has not posted since Sep. 2013 (in other Threads), he has probably been deployed or reassigned elsewhere. For anyone stationed at Fort Benning, I would say check with the Base Commander's Office to see if Gold Prospecting is allowed on the Fort Benning Military Preserve/Base. It is in the Georgia Gold Belt and Upatoi Creek and it's tributaries look good, at least on satelitte images!

Frank

Last edited:

digginintn

Greenie
Sep 21, 2012
If you are in Ringgold GA, you are not far from Dahlonega. As I just unformed another user, the Weekend Gold Miners club in Dahlonega has a Common this coming weekend that is open to the public at no charge. Panning, dredging and highbanking. Everybody working together to find gold. You don't even need to bring equipment. Free lunch served on Sat and Sun.
Google WEGM in Dahlonega GA for more info.
This common on July 12-13,2014.
You are welcome to join us for a couple days of fun.

vinhoov

Greenie
Aug 11, 2014
Fort Benning, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the O.P. has not posted since Sep. 2013 (in other Threads), he has probably been deployed or reassigned elsewhere. For anyone stationed at Fort Benning, I would say check with the Base Commander's Office to see if Gold Prospecting is allowed on the Fort Benning Military Preserve/Base. It is in the Georgia Gold Belt and Upatoi Creek and it's tributaries look good, at least on satelitte images!

Frank

I have been thinking about doing that. Upatoi creek is a 5 minute walk from my house since I live in On Post Quarters. I was just down there the other day checking out an area. Very big sand bar where I went and a nice place for the kids to play too. I am new to prospecting and wanted to take the family down there this weekend to try it out. Do you visit the area occasionally?

EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you panned the. Upatio yet

I have been thinking about doing that. Upatoi creek is a 5 minute walk from my house since I live in On Post Quarters. I was just down there the other day checking out an area. Very big sand bar where I went and a nice place for the kids to play too. I am new to prospecting and wanted to take the family down there this weekend to try it out. Do you visit the area occasionally?

So have you been down to test it I live in ft mitchell hand have found a little gold in a creek near me just wondering if the was better luck on post

HackerYacker

Jun 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live around Montgomery, Al, just moved from Mobile, Al. Last weekend was my first time touching a pan and I feel I did well considering I had never touched a pan previously. I also had an old friend who had been researching that area and panning for a few years so I also had that benefit. I was around Cherokee county, all the creeks I went to had gold in them. I only had a Saturday and half of a Sunday but I already have gold fever with only a small vial of under 1/16 oz. to show for it. I was also lucky enough to run across a couple of "local panners" (not sure if old timers is politically correct...) who said they like to go to fox creek. Hope this helps anyone in GA seeking gold.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say a 1/16 Oz is great for your first time out. 2grams with a pan?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread