How to get the dust/flower gold out of your cons?

OhioKid

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you pan it a few times and get all the heavy stuff out, how do you get the tiny stuff?
All I have is panning stuff and am not going to buy something else, because im broke LOL.

But what should i do? Just save all my black sand and small stuff untill I find someone with the right equiptment??
or is there a good way to get it out?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

6packor2

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think they use a small flexible water bottle with a pointy tip end ya sqeeze the bottle and release letting the suction suck up the small stuff. They are on ebay for 5 bucks i think dont know what they are called tho. hope this helps.

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Save all your black sand concentrates (cons) and search tnet for do-it-yourself plans for a miller table. Thwy work quite well and can be built for cheap

OP
OP
O

OhioKid

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am talking about dust. I have a snuffer bottle, and that gets the small stuff good, but i know there is REALLY tiny stuff in there and its too small to settle through the other material.

Also, there is a lot of pyrite in there too and it makes it harder to pick out the difference in the tiny stuff.

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
Pyrite shouldmt been in your black sand. At least not in my experience. That is usually the first thing that washes out.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Use a fine mesh screen ( kitchen strainer or from thrift store if money is tight) to eliminate the larger material and then a magnet to pull out the iron sand (keep that to dry out and reseparate later). Then look at you tube video on shake and tap/bump techniques to get those fine particles to dance right out of the concentrates.

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up the DIY Miller Tables on here, I have one posted that I built,,,they can be built cheap, I have less than $10 bucks in mine!!!!! They work GREAT for fine gold!!!!!!!!!! If I remember right Astrobouncer has one posted here that he built a couple years ago, it inspired me to build one! Good Luck!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread