Twin river campground NH this weekend

MAnoob

Greenie
Nov 29, 2012
I'm going to be camping there this weekend never panned before in my life I made a homemade classifier out of hardware cloth and a 5 gallon bucket and two pans and a small trowel and a shovel hopefully I find gold I'm not leaving there empty handed maybe some of u more expierenced guys will be up there and can show me some tricks. I've read some books so I have an idea of how it's done and I've practiced panning with lead so hopefully I meet a pro up there

Upvote 0

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Hey MAnoob, howd your trip go. I just got back from colorado so i couldnt be up there. Hope you found some gold. The area has good gold but its very spread out and theres not a whole lot. Panning very carefully will produce results on very fine gold but the chunky stuff is deep. Post pics if you have some!

OP
OP
MAnoob

MAnoob

Greenie
Nov 29, 2012
Grizzly I found out what Mica looks like found a lot of that by the end of the day I think I got the panning thing down no expert by any stretch but I found ONE flake of gold in 8 hours lol I had fun and will like to try it again but maybe next time with a sluice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread