Anyone in Kern co.

2pmp2ker

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I'm from kern county. I'm not a seasoned vet. I'm still very new at this but I'm down with the sickness. Where have u been digging.

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am too but not a vet first year

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, I escaped to Idaho a few years ago. I worked the Kern for many years. There are some amazing spots on it. Orange Co. 49ers have a great claim at China Gardens. Good Luck

OP
OP
kernKeith

kernKeith

Greenie
Sep 18, 2013
Thanks guys! I've been digging mostly hart park just cus it's easy to get and there is gold! Have no idea where claims on the river start heading up the canyon?

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a quarter gram of gold

2pmp2ker

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I've been digging mostly hart park just cus it's easy to get and there is gold! Have no idea where claims on the river start heading up the canyon?

I've been digging hart park too there is still gold there it's amazing.

OP
OP
kernKeith

kernKeith

Greenie
Sep 18, 2013
Ya if you find the right spot there is quiet a bit of small gold to be had here's a pic

image-1615200896.jpg

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging hart park too there is still gold there it's amazing.

Ya every spring we get more gold from the ore hi up in the mountains that why theirs still gold so if there a lot of rain there will by nugget.

Last edited:

gublube

Dec 13, 2010
there used to be a guy named butch who dredged behind hart park all the time, he had ounces of flour gold. but the nicer stuff is definitely upstream towards Keysville. I am a member of the oc 49ers for many yrs and used to dredge the black gulch claim, since dredging was banned I sold my claim on the middle Yuba and bought a gpx 5000 minelab, been nugget hunting the 49ers claims in the rands dessert area. found some nice little nugs. also some gd drywashing out there as well. ive also done good drywashing the dirt where the river has dried and the round rocks gather.

john stidman

guyport89

Mar 2, 2013
Kern County Ca
I've been spending a lot of time on the kern in the past two years. Its been a roller coaster to say the least. The tactics and strategies up above the canyon and below are two very different worlds. I've found great color in both places but its a tricky art. I've spent the last few days in hart park area with a pan and classifier walking the bank and actually done a half a gram in two hours between my brother and I. The payout above the canyon can be great as well but like I said the methods are worlds apart when locating the gold. If you can find good bedrock holes and crevices in the keysville or black gulch area you can make a few bucks. Just be careful to not be on a claim when you tear into bedrock.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
a little late to this but I'm here too in Bakersfield and get gold out of hart park. funny I have only ran into one person in the last couple years out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread