Best bagged paydirt to buy?

EvilVOG

Feb 7, 2014
Brownstown, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there has been lots of discussions on this subject, I've read through most of them. What it comes down to is, I live at least 300-400 miles from anywhere that has enough gold to make panning for gold rewarding. I don't have much free time as it is, and i'm not looking to get rich. I just want to pan and find enough gold to have it be entertaining.

Not looking to hear a debate on why people should or should not buy bagged dirt. This is just for me (or anyone else) who has already made the decision to buy some and are looking for recommendations. Or maybe if you have bought some share your experience with the seller/dirt.

I have panned a little before, but just bought my first pan that came with a 1/4lb of concentrate dirt:from ebay seller. Kit cost me 19.50, he sells a 1/2 lb bag for $10 just for reference. Not an expert at panning, nor have i weighed what i have, but below is a pic of my 2nd of what will be 3 pans I will get out of the 1/4 lb sample.

1604458_10203057762023657_1931200208_n.jpg

So if you could help me make my next purchase, and if anyone has any tips on getting flour gold out of this blond sand without a miller table... thanks

Also I see a member here sells some, I may contact you, or send me a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Bazooka Gold Trap 36" Sniper
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Of course there is the fact you are probably going to lose money buying paydirt. Honestly most people on this website are going to lose money hunting for gold/treasure weather it be metal detecting, sluicing, divining or buying bagged dirt. In almost all instances, you would be better off just going to work, or working a second job.

It's about the fun, which is why I don't weigh my panning results and post ROI percentages. If that's all your looking for just skip the pan and buy gold.

Agreed. And that is why I showed what I got, but didn't weigh it out. Only reason I showed what I got out of my paydirt was to show that yes, you get some nice color.

Did the amount of color I got even cover the shipping cost of the paydirt?
Maybe and maybe not.

Was I expecting to find enough color to even cover shipping cost?
Nope!

Did I have fun finding gold in the paydirt?
Definately!

Was it "worth" the cost?
Yes, because I got to have some fun, let my father have some fun, and have a little extra gold to put back into my pan every once in a while.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed. And that is why I showed what I got, but didn't weigh it out. Only reason I showed what I got out of my paydirt was to show that yes, you get some nice color.

Did the amount of color I got even cover the shipping cost of the paydirt?
Maybe and maybe not.

Was I expecting to find enough color to even cover shipping cost?
Nope!

Did I have fun finding gold in the paydirt?
Definately!

Was it "worth" the cost?
Yes, because I got to have some fun, let my father have some fun, and have a little extra gold to put back into my pan every once in a while.

That is the bottom line, do you enjoy it? Years ago I used to play golf (played for Suffolk Univ, can't play now due to physical condition) I was a golfaholic, played 7 days a week (until I got married) did I make money at it, no but I enjoyed it. It is like fishing, people buy boat and spend a ton of money for the fish they get and they would save money by just buying the fish but where is the fun.

Buying paydirt is much the same. If you can't get to gold country you can still have the fun of finding gold. Yes you can make your own pay, but it is the quest for the unknown and the chance to maybe get more than you expect, that is the thrill of buying paydirt

OP
OP
E

EvilVOG

Feb 7, 2014
Brownstown, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
e803050c762d25f6e8e603633ac0a944.jpg

Going to try to review via mobile.

Got this paydirt sold as "black hills gold paydirt" from eBay seller scottyh79. Probably the most I've spent on a sample yet at $61 with free shipping. It came with a few rock samples of gold in quartz matrix. It also came with this tiny light up currency magnifier, unfortunately mine was more useful as a kalidescope.
3f811b00bedbe5598f88fdce7e3053ab.jpg
ffecad18b9483b7d8af2c6c02fb2cc70.jpg
caaf69c9e90c8c8e29e85764ec5e8909.jpg
ef22c8b78f00663e2a86abe82986a385.jpg
Three pounds, and some pretty big rocks in there.
11a3ec2940b0a446cce77ba76552dc44.jpg

Towards the end of classifying I was finding some decent size flakes. I was also finding lots of other minerals. Micah, pyrite, peacock ore, copper ore, and some more gold on the matrix.

I decided to run this on the highbanker, and it ran perfect on it.
cdbe0cbe4af04a5f5b7888805d80d4bd.jpg

Most of the gold got trapped by the first riffle and didn't go much further.
24388386289b622f4913852c8a4ff19f.jpg

All in all this is probably my favorite dirt so far. I will by more, but he only does the one auction per week, and the fight to win it gets worse every time. The last bag went for $76.

654bc4d82e692afec7b253de4d5690ea.jpg
2e5482f0f101b6686957f9ade44f1ea3.jpg

WNC

Oct 12, 2023
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone, I hope this doesn't seem like too much of an ad for myself.
I've recently started an online gold pay dirt company "WNC Prospecting". I offer 3 different levels of gold pay dirt for beginners, intermediate & expert!
I have minimum quantity bags! Each level of pay dirt has a minimum quantities of quarter, half and full gram bags!
Depending on the spot price of gold, the ROI from my pay dirt is between 60%-65%! This is much higher than most online pay dirt vendors!! :D
Inside of every bag is 10oz of river material from Western North Carolina, of course the gold haha, a gold pan keychain, and a unique coin!
I really enjoy prospecting and living in an area that isn't dense in gold, it made me think about the people who live miles and miles from the nearest gold deposit. This is my way of offering the thrill of gold prospecting to people like this or just anyone who enjoys the thrill of panning for gold! Of course, as a business I have to make money, but I try to give my customers the best ROI possible!

Gold Pay Dirt Shop - WNC Prospecting

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, I hope this doesn't seem like too much of an ad for myself.
I've recently started an online gold pay dirt company "WNC Prospecting". I offer 3 different levels of gold pay dirt for beginners, intermediate & expert!
I have minimum quantity bags! Each level of pay dirt has a minimum quantities of quarter, half and full gram bags!
Depending on the spot price of gold, the ROI from my pay dirt is between 60%-65%! This is much higher than most online pay dirt vendors!! :D
Inside of every bag is 10oz of river material from Western North Carolina, of course the gold haha, a gold pan keychain, and a unique coin!
I really enjoy prospecting and living in an area that isn't dense in gold, it made me think about the people who live miles and miles from the nearest gold deposit. This is my way of offering the thrill of gold prospecting to people like this or just anyone who enjoys the thrill of panning for gold! Of course, as a business I have to make money, but I try to give my customers the best ROI possible!

Gold Pay Dirt Shop - WNC Prospecting
I will check it out!

went to site and it gets into a loop when you click shop now, never gets to "shopping"

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I used to tell people to make up their own pay dirt yourself ! why pay the extra bucks for cons only to see what they put in the cons! BUT on the other hand the Suprise of panning the unknown down and seeing color is quite rewarding AND then again this is for your wife's pleasure of seeing flash in the pan.......why not save some of that hard earned $$ and see that million dollar smile on your wife's face ! I know that would be worth it MUCH MORE !!!! Good Luck on your choice and prayers go out to you and your wife !!! I know she deserves it !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions