New panner help with PA locations

Jun 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys i just got my first pan and have been looking
Up spots to pan for gold in my area (Titusville,PA) not sure
If there has ever been gold found here. Kinda skeptical myself
But I am dedicated and am not giving up...
I have found a small amount of black sand but no other
Colors In my pan anyway if anyone has found or heard of gols on my
Area please share :)

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I noticed this your very first post - so, welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have access to a steam try to dig around the inside of a bend. Remember gold is19x heavier than water, it will sink and settle every chance it gets. Behind larger size rocks or boulders and the inside of the bend in the creek. Look for gravel bars.

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been gold found around the conewago Creek area...I pan In a creek that flows into it but so far I have found a lot of black sand...I found what might be gold but it's sooooo small I can't do anything with it....heard there was a guy pulling 30$ an hour in the conewago creek...really need my brothers to take me out there... There has also been gold found out in Gettysburg...

Heliarc

Greenie
Apr 12, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Just above drake well park in Titusville PA where Pine creek flows into Oil creek I’ve scouted and did some test pans, the gold is small but its there. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554687228.272109.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554687239.923151.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1554687252.054072.jpg

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$30 an hour is real high if it's glacial. Although if it's concentrating in one spot, you might hit a gram per yard.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i used to belong to the conawago creek gold prospectors till it disbanded, we had a lease property on the conawago creek on an island just upstream of the bridge and found some nice gold there, its smaller but still gold, we would get maybe 10 to 12 small pieces in a gas tank run and occasionally a smaller picker. our club has since reformed and moved to Red lion (technically Brogue) and have a nice creek there on a leased property and it gives us enough to make you smile. ive found 6 pieces in a single pan. you can get a nice little smile in your cleanup pan after running a dredge or highbanker

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
Welcome to the net, its an informative and also a fun site. Don't be discouraged if you fail at first, you will improve on your technics as you attempt more times. I hope your attempts (pan out).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread