Does any one know

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive believe platinum is called white gold. I think its a little heaver then gold. I find small pieces Quite often. Which ive acid tested it and the test is positive. For platinum. And it looks like platinum to me. But i don"t have enought to send it out to be tested.For sure. It acts like gold in a pan. But pieces i find are fine like flour gold. And they have a silver color and a bluish tint. Find it panning in Maine.

OP
OP
shaman15771

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was more thinking of breaking down a rock and panning it, platinum acid doesn't affect it, just makes it brighter, appears to be an ore.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do a scrach test. On a test stone. If the scrach doesn"t disaper. After the few drops of acid. It should be platinum.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Northern kalif has plenty on almost all drainages but spotty. You find it in restrited areas as requires more force to move and almost always on bedrock as it heads straight to bedrock asap as free from host rocks. Almost all I've seen is pretty shiny but can be duller also. The PT group is huge and rhodium looks nasty like gossen,rotten iron but at about $5,000+ox (varies widely) it too can be one heck of a find. Think Mariposa county in particular for rh. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread