Questions for a Utahn or even Utah Countyite

Junk-girl

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm NEW!!! I've heard a couple guys are going up Hobblecreek into a stream in Balsam campground & panning regularly. Anyone have knowledge of this spot? It's right by my house so I've been 2 times & it looks like a minuscule amount of flour in my pan but I'm so NEW it's hard to tell.
Secondly, does anyone in utah take a newby out on an excursion or would someone like to try panning near me? The camp host says the guys wouldn't keep going if they weren't having luck but he's not sure the part of river they pan. I'm hoping the "Third time's the charm" as Chenworth says in his utah gold book.
Thanks, JG (who wants to learn panning!):dontknow:

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think having A Chenworth's book is a smart move. He has done a huge amount of research for you. You should consider joining the 2 bigger Utah clubs. NUPA has some decent claims. Some in Nev,Ut and a few here in Id.The UGPA has as well . I'm sure the folks would be more than happy to help you out. I think their yearly fees are about $25 . Pretty cheap for what you get.G/L

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome! Sorry, I don't know Utah; I'm in Colorado. I am sure that there are friendly folks here who can help you, though.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey :) I used to live in payson a few years ago. Never found gold up payson canyon, but AF has a bit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread