muriatic acid

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Length of time depends on coating,some within a few minutes,some overnight and in a bottle with a little shake works to speed up the process. Dangerous chemical cost too much/too dangerous/hard to dispose of carefully and as voiced prior there are many thing that work pretty darn good also. Drain cleaner,CLR,vinegar and baking soda bomb-fizzes like crazy-etc etc-John

slikriktn1

Aug 26, 2014
Nesbit,Ms
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Model 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could save the concentrates and what I did was, I built a small water table out of scraps I had laying around and an old pump,I think I have maybe $25.00 in the table and I have run about 3 lbs of concentrate sorted in sizes from window screen to dust and recovered anything from 1/8" flakes to specs barely big enough to see without a magnifying glass.Make sure to use Jett dry in the water,once the table is set up properly,anything that floats or moves down the table is not gold.I am new to this as well and at first in my pan I thought mica was gold,but put it on a water table and it floats on past the gold.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin, I didn't think it would, but would have tried out of curiosity. I will remember that though for running a recirc system and I forget my clay be gone. I always haver peroxide incase of injury though.
Thanks Kevin for clarifying that. I thought that that's what it was for. After I was entering it in it was coming to me. So I'm glad you put it right. I've never tried it out yet, but I will possibly next week or two and let y'all know. The toothpaste I was told is supposed to have fluoride in it and you mix with the hydrogen peroxide and make a slurry. Then I think it's about a cap or tsp. I'll have to ask my buddy about it. Since he's the one who told me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread