Northern California prospecting!

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I live in the east bay, and have been going up to the north fork of the American river... Yesterday was my 3rd week in a row, and I'm so freaking hooked that I want to use my vacation up there!

So far most of the gold I found was panning, but I'm really wanting to find spots for sniping.

Well since I'm up there every weekend now, I'd love to have partners to go with! I'm comfortable going alone, but it's really nice to have other people around so we can brag about our finds ;)

Hit me up on Facebook if you'd like (I don't see anywhere to message others on here...) Facebook.com/travyleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You goin out tomorrow? Pm me
How was the day/outting?
Well it didn't go so great. Not sure how I did haven't run the concentrates yet but I'm so sun burnt and sore I don't feel like moving lol. I think I'm going to have to skip out on tomorrow's trip. I need time to rest after that one took 3 1/2 hrs to hike out. The bazooka isn't very nice for hiking in and out of difficult places because of it's bulk and weight.. I do want to go somewhere with you soon though! Hopefully next time. I'll run the concentrates tomorrow and post what I got.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it didn't go so great. Not sure how I did haven't run the concentrates yet but I'm so sun burnt and sore I don't feel like moving lol. I think I'm going to have to skip out on tomorrow's trip. I need time to rest after that one took 3 1/2 hrs to hike out. The bazooka isn't very nice for hiking in and out of difficult places because of it's bulk and weight.. I do want to go somewhere with you soon though! Hopefully next time. I'll run the concentrates tomorrow and post what I got.
Sounds great; tend those wounds definitely.

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great; tend those wounds definitely.

I found the energy to mess around with the concentrates.. not very good at all. Here's a pic. 0.6 gram. Sorry for the sideways pics... Idk if it will do it this time or not. Weird android tnet app..

ForumRunner_20140930_204717.png

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If we ever get rain.

Very true. Even with the light sprinkle we had last week didnt change the middle fork one bit..
Definitely a double edged sword for us gold-hunters....

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very true. Even with the light sprinkle we had last week didnt change the middle fork one bit..
Definitely a double edged sword for us gold-hunters....

If we only get as much as last year than early next year should be good for getting down into the river to sluice/snipe spots that are normally out of reach. But all the creeks would be down to nothing too. I think I'd rather have an abnormally high amount of rain :P

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey NuggetN8,

How much did you run to get that amount of color? IMHO, any Au is good Au! :D

Thanks.

Not sure how to describe the amount because it wasn't a normal bucket that I was using and didnt really count.. I dug a hole in the bedrock out that had 3ft of material in it the hole was probably 5' by 4' then there was a small bedrock outcropping next to that with a channel wrapping around it the material was probably 1.5' all around. Cleared all that down to bedrock too.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you serious about selling the Bazooka? Which model is it? Bet someone would want it!

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the bazooka ur gonna regret letting it go! I strap mine to the pack and haul about as much as you and I'm fine but not hiking 3+ hours lol, u need better access spot imo and they're out there.

Also that's some pretty good gold for what you ran and with what you had imo.

I've spent many full days of working this summer with less to show than that per day, only to go back the next trip and end up with double, then the next trip ending up with less than the first time.. That's prospecting though gotta love it!

Last edited:

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep the bazooka ur gonna regret letting it go! I strap mine to the pack and haul about as much as you and I'm fine but not hiking 3+ hours lol, u need a closer spot imo and they're out there.

Also that's some pretty good gold for what you ran with what you had imo.

Nah I won't regret it lol. I almost drop kicked it off a cliff on my way out.. if it weren't worth something I would have :P. Most close places are pretty cruddy. The place I went to wasn't a long distance to get to only a couple miles I had just never brought something that heavy down there before and it's really steep. I usually fly right up the hill but that's when I pack light. Normally takes 1hr each way. I don't care to sluice at the river anymore just snipe since it's lightweight and I do much better.

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[emoji106] I take too much crap sniping with me. I need a smaller pan and bigger backpack hahaa

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
[emoji106] I take too much crap sniping with me. I need a smaller pan and bigger backpack hahaa

For sniping all I bring is a mask snorkel crevicing tool tweezers and a snuffer bottle. And sometimes a chisel and rock hammer but not usually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions