Northern California prospecting!

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I live in the east bay, and have been going up to the north fork of the American river... Yesterday was my 3rd week in a row, and I'm so freaking hooked that I want to use my vacation up there!

So far most of the gold I found was panning, but I'm really wanting to find spots for sniping.

Well since I'm up there every weekend now, I'd love to have partners to go with! I'm comfortable going alone, but it's really nice to have other people around so we can brag about our finds ;)

Hit me up on Facebook if you'd like (I don't see anywhere to message others on here...) Facebook.com/travyleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try less. I take a camelback with a rock hammer and pry bar in it (14" I think), sniffer bottle, a sucker thingy, crevicing tool in my hand and a gold pan in the other hand. But I'll leave the rock hammer next time, and I'll buy a small finishing pan to carry. Not much use for a big one while sniping. Oh and I also have a little plastic shovel, a small pick set (small crevices) and a little nylon brush in case I see a nice above water crack

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take the pan in case I find some stuff that looks good to pan out

Zypher

Feb 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TravyLeigh! I'm fairly new to the site and was wondering if you knew of any good spots to go to near Auburn, Ca. I have been to a few of them up there. Such as Ukers Bar and Mineral Bar. I was just wondering if there was any other good spots around there or the Sacramento area. Hit me up if you can think of any please.

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man! I've had more luck at ponderosa than I have at mineral bar, but mineral bar is great if you're a sluicebox kinda guy. What kind of prospecting are you into? I love detecting, but it's pretty hard to find a spot for detecting. I love sniping, crevicing, stuff like that

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi TravyLeigh! I'm fairly new to the site and was wondering if you knew of any good spots to go to near Auburn, Ca. I have been to a few of them up there. Such as Ukers Bar and Mineral Bar. I was just wondering if there was any other good spots around there or the Sacramento area. Hit me up if you can think of any please.

Depends on what equipment you wanna use. South Fork of the Yuba (at least in the park area) is hands and pans only but there is gold there. South Fork of the American is good, heard good things about the Yankee Jim area. You can drive up to the Middle and North Fork Yuba near Downieville for some good gold but there's a lot of claims up there so be on the lookout for claim signs. I haven't been to Eucrhe Bar for prospecting, but there's great backpacking out that way! Steep trails though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread