Northern California prospecting!

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I live in the east bay, and have been going up to the north fork of the American river... Yesterday was my 3rd week in a row, and I'm so freaking hooked that I want to use my vacation up there!

So far most of the gold I found was panning, but I'm really wanting to find spots for sniping.

Well since I'm up there every weekend now, I'd love to have partners to go with! I'm comfortable going alone, but it's really nice to have other people around so we can brag about our finds ;)

Hit me up on Facebook if you'd like (I don't see anywhere to message others on here...) Facebook.com/travyleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
e8unyjej.jpg

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Hey Travy, as the weather is still warm and water low, you are picking a good time. Do so soon as the water will get cold fast as temps. drop at night in the high country. Nice find. Get the rules from ASRA (Auburn State Recreation Area) for what you can do as far as taking crude tools for sniping. Check out Victor Marshall you tube videos as he snipes that area. Great sniping videos.

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man! During the cold months, I think I'll buy a whites GMT and just detect for gold. My gold fever is just way too hot to give up from cold weather ;)

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, I live in the east bay, and have been going up to the north fork of the American river... Yesterday was my 3rd week in a row, and I'm so freaking hooked that I want to use my vacation up there!

So far most of the gold I found was panning, but I'm really wanting to find spots for sniping.

Well since I'm up there every weekend now, I'd love to have partners to go with! I'm comfortable going alone, but it's really nice to have other people around so we can brag about our finds ;)

Hit me up on Facebook if you'd like (I don't see anywhere to message others on here...) Facebook.com/travyleigh

Hey I live right next to the area you're going to. I havent really tried the north fork for prospecting but i go to the middle fork and other random creeks. There's a way to send messages on here but I'll just add you on FB since it's easier for messaging.

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, I accepted your friend req. this weekend I'm planning on goin up to mineral bar to see what I can do sniping (my super cold water wetsuit will be in!)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet, I accepted your friend req. this weekend I'm planning on goin up to mineral bar to see what I can do sniping (my super cold water wetsuit will be in!)
Good luck to you, as I will most likely be near you in the torrent

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PM (private message) sent, "notifications" at the top of your page should be highlighted. Click on that and then click on what pops up - hope this helps.

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool thegoldprospector! Mojo and I are planning on goin up probably Yankee Jim's this weekend, see if we can pull any color out. Would be fun to have a big group of us go up and have a little friendly competition, maybe bust out some coronas or something

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool thegoldprospector! Mojo and I are planning on goin up probably Yankee Jim's this weekend, see if we can pull any color out. Would be fun to have a big group of us go up and have a little friendly competition, maybe bust out some coronas or something
Oh the YJ. Last time i ventured there, got a flat tire :). What memories...

What day are you guys planning

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday. And sorry to hear that bro! Hope you can join us. I'm gonna get to try my new cold water wetsuit out... My current wetsuit is a bit thin for the cold waters we play in

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saturday. And sorry to hear that bro! Hope you can join us. I'm gonna get to try my new cold water wetsuit out... My current wetsuit is a bit thin for the cold waters we play in
Yeh, wetsuit or not, im in the middle fork American in January :). Used to do the polar bear swim when I was much larger

Saterday, might not work for me, but I most definitely want to meet up sometime soon. Coronas on me

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I could join in on Saturday but that's the one day I'm busy lol. Never tried Yankee Jim's before. Heading to MF AR tomorrow for sluicing & sniping I'll make a tnet post for the results when I get back :)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wish I could join in on Saturday but that's the one day I'm busy lol. Never tried Yankee Jim's before. Heading to MF AR tomorrow for sluicing & sniping I'll make a tnet post for the results when I get back :)
I may hit MF kn wed if anyone is interetsed

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd really like to have a normal group of guys to go with, so we can all become old farts someday, and reminisce about when we were young enough to bend over to actually pan out some gold.

TheGoldenkid

Sep 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might join you

How far is it from folsom?

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too far, maybe 30 mins? I'm coming from east bay... An hour and a half each way

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread