Jonesing for Gold

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's nice to get that quick fix close to home!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LMAO, yes i know the shake's can get really bad thats i always try to throw my cons in buckets for winter play

Attachments

• tyou want it when.jpg
    tyou want it when.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 197

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got too feverish today and needed to find some gold. Drove down the street and got a panful of dirt out of the ditch. Brought it back and panned it in the front yard. Two specs. Might have to go back and clean out the ditch. Yards of material there.
Love it! I do the same and have been pleasantly surprised to find so real hot spots! I hope you do the same :)

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I panned out about a teaspoon of minus 100 mesh Oregon beach concentrates yesterday. Gold recovery was what I had expected for this quantity, which was about 20 or so specks probably worth a tiny fraction of a cent. Oregon beach gold ranges from teeny tiny to teeny tinier.
Oh yeah,this is the rest of the story.
Due to recent monsoon rains, a non gold bearing seasonal creek at the base of the mountains about 2 miles from my house was flowing with sufficient flow to run my home made zook. I took about a quart of minus 100 mesh gold bearing Oregon ocean beach concentrates and mixed it with about 6 or 8 gallons of creek run sand, gravel, etc. When I was done, I sun dried the cons then screened to -50 +100 and -100 mesh. Results? I managed to reduce about 192 teaspoons of concentrates to about 1 teaspoon total. That's good, right? Wrong. Each of the teaspoons of original cons probably had about 20 or so specks of gold so I probably lost 3,820 specks of gold worth about a penny. Now i'm mad! I figured out that I'm probably missing out on about a nickel every time I try to use this thing on the beach. Ignorance is bliss but now I know. Oh well, I have a hog matted stream sluice that probably works equally as well with -100 mesh. Wait til I run that test!

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like it was a good plan on paper. Now for the sacrilege on my part. At least you got your color. I didn't even save the two specks!

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL! I found a nearby culvert on our dirt road, brushed it clean and panned a few pans. Maybe two specs and a whole lotta red mud! :sadsmiley:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We live right next to the Sacramento river and have river access in a lot of spots, always a few small specs to be found when you don't want to drive up into the hills. :)

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Specs!? I want at least flakes :( I see guys that make $100 a day up here... But it's HARD work...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread