Put The Pan In The Cold Water Today

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out to the SouthFork today. The water was cold. Worked a trap up off the water. Got the biggest piece in the last pan and did not want to leave but had things to do.

IMG_4726.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just talked to the store they are ordering a load of stuff from White's next week. They will call me when they get in and I can go pick it up and mail it to you if you want one.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man, i have looked for almost an hour (in total at work) trying to find one of those pans. the closest i can find to that color is hot pink and im not about to sport that thing down in the creeks!

Keep this in mind Ducky

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420778219.669287.jpg
Brrr but worth it today!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i did some panning at the house last night. nothing to write home about but here is a picture. (pic is also in my journal thread.) I should note this is from 2 scoops of material from a creek i was working during the summer. still got about 4.5 gallons to go of the same stuff.

View attachment 1103110

Hey, for 2 scoops, that is great!! Now go finish the rest of that 5-gal bucket and post a photo showing us the total!! Should be a very nice take. May you find some pickers, too. :)

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1103776
Brrr but worth it today!

So what was I doing today? Class again. And tomorrow no class, but a going away luncheon for some colleagues off on Fulbright programs assignments. Wow, nice for them and they will be back in 6 months or so, but I need to go to their send off. Saturday is off, too. Sunday, church, family, grandkids (especially). So who knows when I can hit a creek again? I am get antsy about getting into the water, but it will just have to wait until the weather and my schedule cooperate.

Glad you could shovel into that Bazooka!! Bet you got nice stuff (you always seem too). Hope you found a few pickers or even small nuggets!! That would make me feel better actually, to enjoy your success vicariously.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ain't never heard of a nugget in metro Denver Dave. A picker once every few months if you dig a lot and in the right spots maybe :)

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Golden Mojo!!! I actually went there once before just to get a look around. those boulders are huge! I was in awe :) it was very slow, tough going getting over all those boulders. In fact a guy that was fishing near me fell pretty hard. I didn't go very far and only tested one pan( fly poop) but have been meaning to go back and see what i could get.
I had actually targeted this Sunday as the day I was gonna get out but I couldn't resist watching the Football games! Plus yesterday it was pretty overcast and then low and behold today is the most beautiful, sunny day of the winter . its 70! degrees! dang it !

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's slippery on the rocks out there and they are not forgiving, especially when it'd cold. Football on Sunday is a safe sport....

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's slippery on the rocks out there and they are not forgiving, especially when it'd cold. Football on Sunday is a safe sport....

Football is just entertainment. Well also a way to keep you focused on the wrong things while moving your money into the hands of the wealthy owners. Go do something productive, make a difference, show someone you care about them... (Unamerican rant over)

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The more people stay inside there cozy homes watching football the more gold for me. I usually hit the river at daybreak and the amount of people out at that hour is usually 0.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Prospectors out at daybreak, break ground first, and will see Au shining brightly

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ain't never heard of a nugget in metro Denver Dave. A picker once every few months if you dig a lot and in the right spots maybe :)

Yeah, no nuggets, but we can always hope, right? :)

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Someday, Someday..........

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Oh the weather out here is well, great if you like the 60's and 70's this week. but we do need rain. This happened last year. Rain up to about new year then squat. Mornings aren't that cold so gettin' out early is in order.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out Thursday to the river. The water is warmer now as the days have been around 60 degrees. Ran into fellow TNET member Infotracker. Great guy and enjoyed talking with him about the river and gold. Worked the traps and got a little color. Going out tomorrow to brave the Pineapple Express dropping lots of water in the mountains. Good Luck to all and stay safe.

IMG_4967.JPG

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you got out before the rains; and found Au to boot!!
Congrats on the meet up as well.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out for an 1.5 hours this morning before the rain. Decided against getting soaked. Got a few pans in and a few colors out.

IMG_4975.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread