supplies in high desert?

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello i am new to prospecting and live up in the high desert by hesperia and am wondering where i can go and maybe buy a couple pans and other supplies in the area and maybe just get to know the people and find out some info on beginner prospecting such as where to go and where not to go maybe join a club,etc.... thanks for any help read alot of topics last couple days and seem like great peeps on here!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
are they still in business in hesperia the number i found for them is no longer in service?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe not. . Too bad, used to be a good shop. I'm sure there are still some stores in San Bernadino and of course Keene in Northridge . A bit of a drive.

OP
OP
G

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks man i appreciate it maybe ill take that drive im retired are you in southern cal?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in So. Kalifornia { the Antelope Valley} for 45 years till I escaped to Idaho. BTW I think soon , maybe this weekend there may be a gold show in Pomona. Check it out, a bunch of vendors and a lot of Information available. Good luck Glock

OP
OP
G

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I lived in So. Kalifornia { the Antelope Valley} for 45 years till I escaped to Idaho. BTW I think soon , maybe this weekend there may be a gold show in Pomona. Check it out, a bunch of vendors and a lot of Information available. Good luck Glock
i dont blame you for escaping cali oh and i did hear something about that show in pomona i might go check it out thanks rod hey let me ask you whats the best way to find out where you can pan and where you cant in southern cal? and is there a good group around here youd recommend joining?

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the Pomona show, I'm sure Keene will have a booth there. Talk to Pat K. ,a damn good guy.Where you are located is in a great spot.Lytle Creek, E.F. San Gabriel, The El Pasos, Randsburg, 29 Palms. Numerous clubs. O.C 49ers, Valley Prospectors[ out os S. B.],AVTHS, GPAA and a lot of others. Good Luck bud

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes lots of places not too far from you. The EF is good for sluicing and panning. Hwy 39 off the 210 near Azuza. +/- 20 miles to East fork rd. go to the end.

OP
OP
G

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sorry for not replying back guys got distracted and then went out of town for awhile lol thanks for the info although i missed the pomona gold show ill keep an eye out for others thanks again to you both!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread