Out Today with Sample Pan Dan

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out to the river today with Sample Pan Dan. I would have sluiced it on a normal day but the setup was not right and I did not feel like lugging buckets all day so I panned instead. Was able to pan right where the material was. Dan sluiced and did well.

IMG_5516.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got it cornered and then said "OK lobster now its just you and me" or something like that. Scooped it up as it was trying to get away. One was not to make a meal so back it went in the water. I spot multiple ones every trip and need to bust the trap out. These have enough size I am going to have to make the holes larger to get em in. Spent the day prospecting with Samplepandan. We probably did 8-9 miles by the time we got done.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Need to add garlic butter to the prospecting pack!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lobster...hahaha. Mud bugs are yummy tho. Gotta keep em in clean water for a day before you cook em.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got the kids wading pool just for that purpose......

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i do love me some crawdads. we do a low country boil every year with my brother parents aunts and uncles. lots of peal and eat shrimp, crawdads, smoked sausage taters and corn! Sometimes we break out the blue crab to add to it!

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guy's, you're makin me hungry for a clam bake! CUT IT OUT! Time to go see my real lobster guy!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i do love me some crawdads. we do a low country boil every year with my brother parents aunts and uncles. lots of peal and eat shrimp, crawdads, smoked sausage taters and corn! Sometimes we break out the blue crab to add to it!

Ducky, that sounds great. Reminds me of time growing up in south Louisiana, shrimp, crawdads, crab, corn, fried okra, gumbo! Yummy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread