Found color today!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys and gals! I'm finding color again! I'm visiting Murphys, CA until Tuesday. Panned ONE bucket of gravels to find the color you see here. From the Six Mile Creek in Vallecito, CA, Calaveras County. One of the "specks" is almost a picker. Not bad for one bucket of classified material. (hope the pics come out.... haven't done the Youtube thing in a while.....figured it out! Here is the gold! TTC
DSC00142.JPG DSC00145.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet cutter! Looking good!

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Boats have been a passion of mine since I was maybe 10. ....Thanks for posting the pix....and, science tells us there is a higher percentage of gold in the water under your boat per cubic foot than on land. Trouble is it will take more than digging or a good gold detector to retrieve it.
Really sad what happened to the Bounty, she was a fine lady

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, Terry! Looks like a good spot to keep digging.
Jim

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've dug a few spots around Murphys over the last 8 years with little success. Six Mile Creek was a surprise to me. The gold appears pretty chunky indicating the source is close by. The Six Mile Creek watershed is in part of the tertiary gravels I reported on in my short video of the local cobbles (see recent archived video on cobbles). I will explore this development in future visits here. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread