Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
After a long tough winter I was finally able to take the box of pay that Kevin sent me and classify it and pan it.

This winter we set a new record for amount of snow in the Boston area, over 108 inches. The cold and damp and bad weather wrecked havoc on my knees, in fact my doctor at the VA insisted I take a handicap placard. I hate to but there were many days that I couldn't go to a store because I couldn't park close enough. I don't see any stream work for me until I get new knees.

But that being said I want to thank both KevininColorado and OKBassPro, they very graciously sent me some paydirt from their claims! I worked Kevin's today and will be working Jeff's this week.

First I classified the dirt, using a 10,20,30,50 classifiers and then panned each mesh. I figured to do that so I wasn't dealing with different sized rocks. I think it worked out pretty good.

ONE QUESTION, if I classify the dirt at 50 mesh (after it dropped through the 30 mesh) is gold that is on the screen of a 50 mesh screen a -50 or +50 (I have no idea)

Anyhow, Here is the gold that I found, I am so excited! I don't know what the weight is yet, waiting for them to dry to weigh them.

Once again, Thank you so much for your kindness! And quite honestly I would be happy to pay for pay like this!

PART_1432585604795_IMG_20150525_135133392_zpsx89ylnop.jpg

PART_1432585636580_IMG_20150525_135147918_zpskfowshhv.jpg

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The mesh that it does not pass through is called the plus fraction and the mesh it passes through is the minus fraction. So you have -30, +50 as the answer or less than 30 mesh and more than 50 mesh.

Have fun with the dirt.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, that makes sense.

Most of the gold was 50 mesh, I am waiting on setting up my miller table to do that remaining black sand.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ben with that much gold from Kevin I need to take my dredge to his spot. If the dirt is a bust let me know I still have a bucket of dredge cons and I will send you a scoop.
Regards
Jeff

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ben with that much gold from Kevin I need to take my dredge to his spot. If the dirt is a bust let me know I still have a bucket of dredge cons and I will send you a scoop.
Regards
Jeff

I have to admit, I cheated. I used raw paydirt and added super-concentrates from my sluice to it. Pretty sure you should find at least 1/10 gram in there based on how I prepped it with cons.

pS happy Memorial Day and sooo glad you are happy with my little gift.

PPS no dredges allowed as this is from a local parks&rec open space park. Ha ha

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to admit, I cheated. I used raw paydirt and added super-concentrates from my sluice to it. Pretty sure you should find at least 1/10 gram in there based on how I prepped it with cons. pS happy Memorial Day and sooo glad you are happy with my little gift. PPS no dredges allowed as this is from a local parks&rec open space park. Ha ha

I just dug dirt from area I was working so it's a crap shoot.

Kevin I'm a proud member of the midnight miners and know the value of a low tone muffler. ( wink wink )

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I just dug dirt from area I was working so it's a crap shoot.

Kevin I'm a proud member of the midnight miners and know the value of a low tone muffler. ( wink wink )

I am working the dirt this week, last night I tried 2 tablespoons of +30 mesh in the pan and found a flake! I am very happy

Kevin - I thought that is what you guys were getting all the time, WOW, that is more than I have found in all my trips to NH. In three trips I have found about 1/100 of a gram, the three microscopic flakes on the left of the picture are it.

Raw dirt, cons, it doesn't matter, it is panning and then suddenly there is a spec of gold! That is a rush! However I have to admit Kevin's dirt was a SUPER RUSH!

okbasspro, I will let you know what I come up with, as I said there is one spec already!

Kevin, thanks again!

NHgoldresize_zps37bdeaec.jpg

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking gold there! Some purty Colorado yellar gold (as some would say).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread