Got out for a bit of panning Saturday and took the grandkids.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, not to the creek but to the Gem and Mineral Show at The Western Museum of Mining and Industry at the north end of Colorado Springs. So here are the my 8-year old grandson and 6-year old granddaughter panning at the GPOC troughs. They are intently looking for nuggets, though I explained they were not going to find any! Hopefully, not finding anything but specks will not discourage them too badly. I would love to take them out on the creek with me, but right now, they don’t stay interested long enough. Of course, that is what was great about yesterday–there was always something else to go see; the steam shovel operating, the blacksmith working, or the pneumatic “donkey” engine sitting on a section of tracks that they had working.

Gwyneth and Carter panning.JPG

And here is their gold (of course, I had to help them collect it from the pan and then get into the vial. There are about 17 colors including the nice flake on the right.

grandkids gold.JPG

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good times. I wish my Grandson was as close. 2 1/2 hours travel by plane for my wife and 2 1/2 days for me. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit my truck and gold getten gear in the overhead compartment.:laughing7:

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good times. I wish my Grandson was as close. 2 1/2 hours travel by plane for my wife and 2 1/2 days for me. I'm still trying to figure out how to fit my truck and gold getten gear in the overhead compartment.:laughing7:

Believe me, I understand! :)

My other grandson and granddaughter are in New Zealand. There is gold there, but the rules are pretty restrictive. Still, I looked at taking some stuff, but it wouldn't fit in the overhead or under the seat. And an extra suitcase was $50. While you can buy some gold equipment there, everything is very expensive in New Zealand; last I heard my kids talk about it, gasoline was about $8/gal and milk about $10/gal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions