looking for a place to pan on the Trinity

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Hope everyone had a good and safe 4th of July.
I am going up to Douglas City area with my wife and son the end of July. We are staying at the Indian Creek Lodge ( my wife likes that they have a pool ). I have a day that my son and I can go panning. We have a small car and with luggage my 36" Bazooka will not fit :( so shovel and pans it is.
Anyway, the lodge is right next to Indian Creek that the guy at the lodge said he thinks is ok for digging and panning.
If anyone up in this area has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
We tried to do this last year but our landlord passed away and we ended up having to spend the time moving instead of taking a vacation. The day my son and I have is Friday july 24th.
Thanks,
Steve

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
norcalsteve:

Too late this year, but next year contact the California Division of Mines & Geology. Almost every state has a mining department, division, or similar entity. Many of them offer excellent, low-cost publications - books and maps - with first-rate information.

Sometimes the literature is so helpful private publishers pick it up and keep it in print after the government stops printing them. There are some classic Arizona and New Mexico publications on gold mining that I think have been available since the 1940's.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

The name has changed...as well as the their. M.O......but, you might still be able to get some publications...Welcome to the California Geological Survey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions