Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had some fun gold panning today with my daughter. I had won a 2 lb bag of paydirt in a contest on a Canadian gold forum. The amount of gold she got was unbelievably good and I have to share: Dirthog paydirt 1.jpg Dirthog paydirt 2.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like DirtHogg (if that was the contest) was very generous. What a way to inspire interest in gold panning for your daughter just as insuring that she catches fish when you are trying to interest her in fishing.:icon_thumright:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad for free! Nice color and chunky too!

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is the video of the panning:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Free is great BUT rather than paying a marked up price for the gold , why not just buy your own gold from another dredger / miner for a LOT better price and make your own panning material that suits your needs. Placergold this experience with your daughter is PRICELESS and you have it on video for you and your daughter to experience it again for all times! SALUTE!

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Free is great BUT rather than paying a marked up price for the gold , why not just buy your own gold from another dredger / miner for a LOT better price and make your own panning material that suits your needs. Placergold this experience with your daughter is PRICELESS and you have it on video for you and your daughter to experience it again for all times! SALUTE!
For anyone new and interested in panning, I would highly recommend to give commercial paydirt a try, if for no other reason than to see how real gold looks and acts in a pan. It also builds confidence that you can actually keep the gold in the pan for when you go give it a try for real. For sure if you know a miner or dredger, see if they will part with some of their concentrates. Otherwise, I am pretty impressed with the quality of what can be purchased.

As for the experience with my daughter -you are bang on - it started as something that she thought might be lame and quickly found out that she really enjoyed it. Also, her grandparents in Holland also got to enjoy watching it. In fact, she now wants to clean out my old sluice mats with a friend to find the gold currently trapped in the miners moss. I am slowly making a prospector out of her, which helps get her off Snapchat and the iPhone.

T

Tuolumne

3-pound bag

I like this company, Northern Nevada Gold, they have great bags of crystalline gold, not rounded placer and there is a nice little nug in the big bags you can count to make a smile on anyones face. I ordered a 3 lb bag and they sent me a nice multi tool pocket knife too as free gift. I saw them again at the Sonora California gold show and got two more bags, cool guys and they remembered me from my emails.

but for xmas Santa is giving all my friends 10 bucket bazooka concentrated non salted pay dirt, which can fit into one large super sluice gold pan from my claim near Yosemite. This way they will catch the fever and want to help me dig out some more in the spring!!

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is us having some fun unboxing the paydirt from the above video:

Since then I won 1 lb of dirt from another provider which contained a little bit of gold and platinum. Amy panned it out. We had camera problems, so no video, but here is a picture of the results:
Eureka Gold Sands 1.JPG

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool ! I have bought some paydirt from areas , I expect to visit this coming summer . I figured it would give me a heads up , and help me learn the correct terra firma to prospect .

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck motohed with your summer adventures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread