South Carolina laws?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope. Not allowed to disturb or take anything in the national parks (except a couple in AK). Forests owned by the federal government east of the Mississippi River are all purchased lands (deeds bought from private parties) so each has its own rules. Contact the local forest service office to learn more.

Sumpter NF around Abbeville has gold and has permits available...or so I'm told.

Last edited:

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello Jjsingle you may pan for gold in Sumter nat. forest you must contact the long cane ranger districtand speak to Glenn Kansenback at 803 637-5396 if you speak to him super great if not then leave your info on the machine it may take a few tries maybe but you'll get your permit this last time I got my permit in three days after leaving my info on the machine hope this was helpful oh plus they will send you ALL the INFO you will need to go panning plus a map of the area and the areas you are not aloud pan look up confederate gold mine that's right in the area I go who knows I just might see you there ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread