Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm hoping that someone can tell me if this very fine and I mean very fine,almost a powder substance of golden looking material at the bottom of my blue bowl is gold. I use Jet Dry when processing my concentrates, I cab readily ID the small specs but not this (Ihope its pictured below)
any info,help advise,is much appreciated. also Im not processing anything of that color bb1.JPG

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hard to tell from a picture. View it in direct and shaded light. If it doesn't look like gold in shaded light then it is likely not gold. If it easily moves when lightly swirled with water in a gold pan then likely not gold. Those would be my first two tests. It is not unusual for gold to be tiny to microscopic in size and in nature that is what is most common.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sorry for the crummy pictures, It looks like gold from all angles, It really rang out on my falcon MD, until I realized I was picking up the metal legs,Duh!!!
Most concentrates on the bottom, some floats, maybe I'll see If I can get some on my stone and acid test it.. not very easy to work with..
Thanks for the reply..

OP
OP
T

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I took another pic, along with a pic of a 10K acid test.. the acid test indicates 10k or better.. this is crazy.. how the heck are you supposed to recover this stuff, using a very small snuffer is tedious at best.. its still pretty cool though bb4.JPG bb5.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread