Black sand and flour gold

bia.morton

Greenie
Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, newbie here!
So I got a bunch little golden flecks mixed with black sand on my sniffer bottle. Used a magnet to get some of the sand off but the flour gold is still mixed with quite a bit of black sand, comparatively. How do u separate it? I read about blue bowl but I'm just starting and didn't wanna spend 140$ on it. Is that my best option tho?

Ps I know there must be a thousand posts asking the same but a few searches didn't reveal much

Upvote 0

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if the stream is on ur property dig around some trees that might have there roots growing into the water check some moss that might be near by you might have to dig a few inches more down instead of digging 3-6 inches you may have to dig up to 10 inches down it all depends on the materials in the stream too ?? hope this helped don't forget who told you where to fine that huge nugget so don't forget to share lol lol happy hunting

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm surprised no one has mentioned tapping. Once it's down to just a little black sand and gold, spread it out and tap the edge. Once you learn to do it right the gold will just walk out.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
purplegold,
nice little gold smile. its got some nice chunk to it. looks like the stuff I get in NC, a lot of small chunk

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bia.Morton you may want to do some digging around any tree roots that might be in the stream plus check any moss that might be around the area wash the moss in ur pan then put it back in place so it can keep on living the tree roots make good barricades for the gold to get stopped by

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised no one has mentioned tapping. Once it's down to just a little black sand and gold, spread it out and tap the edge. Once you learn to do it right the gold will just walk out.
that's exactly right that's what I do u will get one or two pieces of black sand when u suck up the gold but if u do it semi right you'll get more gold than black sand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions