Flour gold please

bia.morton

Greenie
Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've started recently on a creek the runs thru my property. My neighbor who likes to gold pan keeps seeing flour gold everywhere but I'm pretty sure it's not.
Long story short is there anyone willing to send me a tiny bit of very fine flour gold? I'd pay for it ofc. Just wanna see how it looks clean term mix with some black sand to see how it looks dirty.
I'm talking about very very fine stuff.
Thanks

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I found a bunch listed on EBay ( EBay "flour gold" Search Results! )

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bia - I feel your pain. Once you see real placer gold in your pan, you will not get confused or question. Until that happens and you get confidence in what you are seeing, then you will always wonder. One thing that is inexpensive and invaluable is a jewelers optic to look at small gold. Also, when you have gold in your pan, remember that gold will shine in sun and in shade. The other stuff won't shine in the shade. Your best bet is to get some placer gold locally as you will see how it behaves. That said, I will PM you.

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello there bia.Morton I just wrote u a LONG letter about all this I'm not doing it again I clicked out to see where u r located at but no info on that plus it said I was log-out wrong it must have taken me to long to wrote what I did anyways I'll send you some flour gold with some dirt with it in it here's my email contact me with the info for me to send you some free gold hell yeah FREE you don't hear that to often --- [email protected] hope to hear from you

OP
OP
B

bia.morton

Greenie
Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha thanks! Sending email. I'm in California btw ;)

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
like placer said, gold will be shiny in the sun or in the shade, If its mica, it will flutter when you move your pan, flour gold will slide

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I'll looking for it in the mean time ur in calf. now gold here may have a different color to gold out there ??? plus once you see it enough times you will know the flour gold to any thing else most of the time --- there has been times I needed to use a jewelers magnifying glasses to be sure it was gold I was seeing. I will be getting some pic. of my flour gold that I get up here soon ok got the photos here now flour gold-2.png flour gold-1.png flour gold-3.png

Last edited:

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello folks here is some more photos of flour gold that I get there's a nail file for sizing also the magnet I use and my two favorite pans to use the blue one to do that quick pan and trap the heavies then put that into the black pan to SEE ALL THE GOLD YIPPEE OH and all those specs you see at the point of the nail file in that dry spot that is gold plus all the specs you sea about, the wife asks me why do I waste my time getting that small stuff u can't even see ??? I tell her it relaxes me plus I'm the first person to see that gold plus it ALL ADDS UP flour gold-9.png flour gold-8.png flour gold-6.png flour gold-4.png PS. DON'T LET ANY ONE TELL U {{GOLD DOES NOT FLOAT}} BECAUSE IT DOES!! MAINLY THE FLOUR GOLD WILL FLAKES AND BIGGER WILL NOT FLOAT EVEN SOME SPECS MIGHT NOT FLOAT

Last edited:

HunterII

Aug 28, 2012
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been wondering what gold actually looks like too. I just cut some links off of one of my wife's fine necklaces and then cut the links into some very tiny pieces; looks just like the stuff I found in some local sand.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello folks here is some more photos of flour gold that I get there's a nail file for sizing also the magnet I use and my two favorite pans to use the blue one to do that quick pan and trap the heavies then put that into the black pan to SEE ALL THE GOLD YIPPEE OH and all those specs you see at the point of the nail file in that dry spot that is gold plus all the specs you sea about, the wife asks me why do I waste my time getting that small stuff u can't even see ??? I tell her it relaxes me plus I'm the first person to see that gold plus it ALL ADDS UP
(Pics deleted for brevity)
PS. DON'T LET ANY ONE TELL U {{GOLD DOES NOT FLOAT}} BECAUSE IT DOES!! MAINLY THE FLOUR GOLD WILL FLAKES AND BIGGER WILL NOT FLOAT EVEN SOME SPECS MIGHT NOT FLOAT

Easy on the CAPS bro. And yes, we all know gold is hydrophobic (gold dries quickly and likes to stay dry) and small dry pieces will float on the surface tension of water.

Last edited:

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've started recently on a creek the runs thru my property. My neighbor who likes to gold pan keeps seeing flour gold everywhere but I'm pretty sure it's not.
Long story short is there anyone willing to send me a tiny bit of very fine flour gold? I'd pay for it ofc. Just wanna see how it looks clean term mix with some black sand to see how it looks dirty.
I'm talking about very very fine stuff.
Thanks
well it's been a few days nowyou should have gotten your free gold by now sent you number of messages to see if you got the flour gold I sent you and if you did any panning of it?? HEARD NOTHING YET NOT EVEN A THANK YOU WELL I NEVER

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456694157.114904.jpg
im having trouble separating the flour gold from the dirt, used jet dry. Any videos that actually show how it's done. I'm talking super fine particles ! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456694392.195277.jpg

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Johnedoe ! I Watched all the videos! Very helpful

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Johnedoe ! I Watched all the videos! Very helpful

Your welcome.
As you get more comfortable with the techniques you will find some short cuts that will speed things up and make you a more proficient panner.

Remember the golden rule.........
When everything in your pan is the same size..... Gold Rules.

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry got posted on the wrong post needs to b up one post
hello johnedoe first off u have way to must blonde sand in ur pan u need to get a lot more of that sand gone get a pan with some rifles in them big ones and little together then u will see lots of black sands -- now u r getting down to time consuming part now I wish I know how to upload a vid of what I do to get my flour gold scroll up some and you'll see the clean out sluice box I use. 3yrs ago I paid like 25$ for it now I can't find nothing like it the ones they have now are 30-40 dollars now they look better than mine but mind does a good job

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry got posted on the wrong post needs to b up one post hello johnedoe first off u have way to must blonde sand in ur pan u need to get a lot more of that sand gone get a pan with some rifles in them big ones and little together then u will see lots of black sands -- now u r getting down to time consuming part now I wish I know how to upload a vid of what I do to get my flour gold scroll up some and you'll see the clean out sluice box I use. 3yrs ago I paid like 25$ for it now I can't find nothing like it the ones they have now are 30-40 dollars now they look better than mine but mind does a good job

Ummm. No I don't. Especially since it is not my pan of sands, those are flyadive's pan.. the images in my post are due a quote........

There is also this pan and method.......
As one gains experience they eventually come to a style and techniques that suit them personally..... We all do things a little differently....
Some learn, some never do.

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still wondering how to extract these teeny tiny gold specs! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459381213.848969.jpg

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm still wondering how to extract these teeny tiny gold specs! View attachment 1292713

First, if you have not already, classify your material down to at least -100 mesh keeping each screen fraction separate. Second pan each screen fraction in small quantities of no more than a tablespoonful (I sometimes pan in quantities of less than a teaspoonful especially when the material is less than 100 mesh). The gold should separate fairly easily when it is the same relative size as the other material and when the proper panning techniques are used. Then the gold can be sucked up with a snuffer bottle, etc.

Good luck.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in January I posted a detailed description of how I do finish panning. Take a look at that and the video links I included to experts like Mike Pung and Doc from Goldhog at www.findinggoldincolorado.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread