Felix Paydirt Review

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think we should all help each other out by posting reviews of all these different paydirt companies out there.

I have Gold Fever bad and needed to see some significant color in my pan. I knew I was going to lose money here and didn't care. But here is my honest review of Felix Pay Dirt Gourmet Gold from the Motherlode claim.

I paid $128 including shipping. I found 1.21 grams. It definitely wasn't worth it dollar wise but I had a lot of fun. My girlfriend and I swapped off doing tablespoon size sample pans. I did the final pan and seeing those nuggets in the pan was amazing. I now have two of the biggest nuggets in my collection from this paydirt. I will never buy from them again as I was hoping for about 2.5 grams.

felixe.JPG felixb.JPG felixa.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've done a bag, but just to get practice with real gold in the pan. Did have color in it, enjoyed honing my puny skills. I'd found color at the Lucky Strike site South of Marion, NC, but not a lot.

There's been a number of threads here on this practice. Generally what is said is that suppliers will sprinkle a little gold in the bags to ensure reasonably satisfied customers. Maybe they'll buy more bags if they see color....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purple Gold, you need to delete the 2 packages pictures, it is considered advertising and they are not a supporting vendor..

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Done, thanks for the heads up

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Done, thanks for the heads up
Thank you for taking care if it. The discussion is okay, but posting of pictures that advertise the business itself is where the line is crossed.

WesternMassGold

Dec 20, 2013
Westfield,Ma
Detector(s) used
Garret super sluice pan,Modified Royal folding sluice w/ Goldhog mats
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer Sluice,Falcon MD 20 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well, i had gold fever too and got myself a bag from Goldbay.It was a special gold selection advertised as 98.3 % purity.74,95 plus 2.95 shipping and u get 1.5 grams.sounds like the better deal to me.
Hope i didnt break the advertising rules with this post. if i did i apologize and will delete it if required.

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well, i had gold fever too and got myself a bag from Goldbay.It was a special gold selection advertised as 98.3 % purity.74,95 plus 2.95 shipping and u get 1.5 grams.sounds like the better deal to me.
Hope i didnt break the advertising rules with this post. if i did i apologize and will delete it if required.

That's a way better deal! Good find. I've never heard of Goldbay.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Dave at Goldbay also sells fine gold nuggets reasonably . and its cheaper to buy your own gold in different meshs and make your own panning bags for your practice!

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave at Goldbay also sells fine gold nuggets reasonably . and its cheaper to buy your own gold in different meshs and make your own panning bags for your practice!

I'm seriously considering starting my own Pay Dirt company. I have enough black sand and gold on hand to get this going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread