Show off your home panning station

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in the process of making a cons cleanup station in my basement. I'm heading to Home Depot today to look at big wash tubs for panning. I want to make an area that I can sit comfortably and pan. There must be other prospectors on TNet that have an aching back like myself. I'd like to see if anyone can give me ideas on how to be as comfy as possible when panning at home. I almost feel like standing may be easier on the back. Show off your home panning setup! :goldpan:

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Include a radio at your station. You can always go inside to grab a cold one. G/L

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sunny spot on back patio in the winter and shady spot in the summer. Not many days too hot or too cold here to work at least a couple of hours and if they are then I'm not mining anyway.:laughing7:

Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I'm just panning(not classifying) I just throw a beach towel down and sit at my bar. Sometimes I stand and use lower level of bar. I use a 10" smooth bottom Garret. And a super sluice for a catch pan. I use a small halogen light to help light up the small gold, which is everything for me ; )

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is still being assembled and I need a comfy chair of proper height but this is where the magic happens. Ok kids get your minds out of the gutter
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458139023.642705.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty fancy, I like it!

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hooked up on a 30 gallon tub that is way bigger than the metal one in the picture. It's huge and I'm stoked on it.

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, that's pretty fancy. My kitchen is where I do my panning, just near the sliding glass door, so the sunlight shines on the pan. I use a kitty litter box for my panning tub. I use a real cheap black 10 inch pan with just three raised riffles. And my classifiers are a set I bought that consist of 30, 50 and 100 mesh. I use old food jars to put my various dried classified concentrates in. Oh yes, I have the trusty snuffer bottle that goes with the pan, and a black sand magnet. That's my panning station. CaleyAnn

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, that's pretty fancy. My kitchen is where I do my panning, just near the sliding glass door, so the sunlight shines on the pan. I use a kitty litter box for my panning tub. I use a real cheap black 10 inch pan with just three raised riffles. And my classifiers are a set I bought that consist of 30, 50 and 100 mesh. I use old food jars to put my various dried classified concentrates in. Oh yes, I have the trusty snuffer bottle that goes with the pan, and a black sand magnet. That's my panning station. CaleyAnn

I like this a lot. Low cost, low fuss...and effective! Well done :)

camocreek

Mar 20, 2012
MN
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's my quick setup for panning out cons (and my trainee practicing)

panning.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Panning in comfort...

ebay 002.jpg

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why is there no beer in ANY of these pictures!?! I know why for Dizzy but come on guys, who pans without suds??

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got two of the large mortar tubs from Home Despot that we use for panning. Both are set into a 2X4 frame with legs to put them at a good height for panning while standing. Panning while sitting down kills my back after all these years. Besides that my back side doesn't have much padding on it and a padded chair would get trashed pretty quickly here between the sun and monsoon rains.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kelsey Diggings and panning station .

Attachments

• gold panning and pounding rock 002.JPG
    gold panning and pounding rock 002.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 160
  • P2100419.JPG
    P2100419.JPG
    558.4 KB · Views: 145

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's mine...I hope to use it tomorrow evening with some cons to pan.

G-bones panning station.jpg

dbritto1969

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man cave gold clean up

Attachments

• 1461612822827.jpg
    1461612822827.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 168

Top Member Reactions