well bought a gold hog hog pan

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said same region...as in I also hit the forks of the American and the Bear as well as smaller waterways that really cut down on the areas you can use a Hogpan, because you need a good amount of water depth to work it. Its also difficult to use on steep river bar beaches next to fast water. Where you can normally make a rock jetty and pan in shallow water with a normal pan, so i'm familiar with sort of material that would be worked. And the limitations of the hogpan vs. a regular pan in our region.

If you want to check one out before buying or a contest :laughing7: let me know I have access to one that gets no use.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said same region...as in I also hit the forks of the American and the Bear as well as smaller waterways that really cut down on the areas you can use a Hogpan, because you need a good amount of water depth to work it. Its also difficult to use on steep river bar beaches next to fast water. Where you can normally make a rock jetty and pan in shallow water with a normal pan, so i'm familiar with sort of material that would be worked. And the limitations of the hogpan vs. a regular pan in our region.

If you want to check one out before buying or a contest :laughing7: let me know I have access to one that gets no use.

LOL, man I wish you would have said that before I shelled out 3 big ones. No worries though as Im sure its resale value is very high. If it works the way intended, it will be money well spent for me.

Once I get some hours on it I will do an honest review of the product and share with you all. Fingers crossed I have high hopes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions