This is my new pan

mrmanpig1

Jun 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just ordered this pan it was only like 7$ I got it for a finishing pan anyone else use one of these? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458927262.474625.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
On my screen it appears you ordered the color choice "invisible". Never seen one like it! Be careful where you set it. Looks easy to loose ;-)

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one of those in black. Haven't used it much since I acquired 2 garret pans. I like the deeper riffles on the garret's so have been using them. But for finishing yours would probably be better.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 14" pan is not a finishing pan. You need something about 7" for finish work. Will the 14" function? Sure it will, but the smaller the pan, the easier it is to deal with super fine cons.

OP
OP
M

mrmanpig1

Jun 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one of those in black. Haven't used it much since I acquired 2 garret pans. I like the deeper riffles on the garret's so have been using them. But for finishing yours would probably be better.

I have a garret 14" pan I use for test panning and panning in general. I wanted this pan because it will work better than the Garret pans deep riffles for a finishing pan.and I have a super sluice garret pan and a 10" garret pan on the way in a kit in the mail garret pans are my favorite pans.

OP
OP
M

mrmanpig1

Jun 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A 14" pan is not a finishing pan. You need something about 7" for finish work. Will the 14" function? Sure it will, but the smaller the pan, the easier it is to deal with super fine cons.

Ok good to know this will be better than my other pans for finishing. Also I'm kind of starting a collection now and I think this is a really cool pan. And I will get a smaller pan soon if it will work better thanks for the help I'm just starting out and need all the help I can get.

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
I also use Garret Pans, the 14" one. I just recently got the Super Sluice garret pan. I love using the garret. Haven't tried the super sluice out yet, but excited to try it out. Manbearpig your pan you got is not bad at all, but I would highly suggest a garret, you won't be disappointed.

OP
OP
M

mrmanpig1

Jun 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also use Garret Pans, the 14" one. I just recently got the Super Sluice garret pan. I love using the garret. Haven't tried the super sluice out yet, but excited to try it out. Manbearpig your pan you got is not bad at all, but I would highly suggest a garret, you won't be disappointed.

I have the 14" garret pan the super sluice and the 10" and they are awesome

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my Garrett Super Sluice and ordering a second.
They are just so versatile.

Good luck on yours and may gold find it's way into it!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great shot Reed!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pan.... Too bad all that yellow stuff is obscuring the view......:laughing7:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A local hobby store had them for $4.99. Picked up 2 as the store is closing. Once seasoned, those should be good finish pans as the riffles aren't very high.

LDamm

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2014
Oshkosh, WI
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A local hobby store had them for $4.99. Picked up 2 as the store is closing. Once seasoned, those should be good finish pans as the riffles aren't very high.

Hey, I'm in Oshkosh. What hobby shop has gold pans? Hobbytown??
Thanks

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Make sure you finish them with good hot coals to get all the oils burned out.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make sure you finish them with good hot coals to get all the oils burned out.

That would be for steel pans only!! I just heated to high temp. on a bbq grill then shut the gas off and let it cool down naturally.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Reed.... Some of those nuggets look a little small! You sure that they're all legal size? They may have to be thrown back so they can grow a bit more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions