My first nugget!! American river. Any info on Indian creek siskiyou county,ca?

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey miners

I've been mining for about 2 months collectively in one year.
I have roughly $60 in flakes, which is amazing on its own but just this past weekend, I found my first nugget!! It felt amazing. Just wanted to share, it's 3.05g :D north fork of the American river image.jpeg

Also I'm planning on heading over to Indian creek in siskiyou county California to a gpaa claim and I was hoping if anyone had any tips, advice or stories of the area. Any info on the driving conditions would be very appreciated, driving a 2wd :/. Any luck sluicing? I want to build my own currently working on V2.0. First prototype attached, which I built in a night and half by the way haha image.jpeg

Any who thanks for all the info you guys post on here, without it I wouldn't have been able to find this beauty! But of course we all have room to grow

Much luck!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 408
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Great work.

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
Way would you go some other place? You need to back were you found that nugget Need help with that spot, I'am sure that some of the north fork American river guys would give you a hand.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good for such a short time prospecting. Are you in El. Dorado County? There are several of us close to you.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a great accomplishment for the time you have invested so far! Pictures out of the vial are better :thumbsup: Keep doing whatever you are doing because it's working!

OP
OP
C

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way would you go some other place? You need to back were you found that nugget Need help with that spot, I'am sure that some of the north fork American river guys would give you a hand.
I would definitely love to go back out and explore that claim a little more, there's only so much you can do in 48hrs :/
And also, given the chance, why not explore more of this beautiful state :)

Pretty good for such a short time prospecting. Are you in El. Dorado County? There are several of us close to you.

Hey thanks. I definitely studied hard before actually hitting the field because as of now, I'm just a weekend prospector. I'm actually in contra Costa but am usually out exploring every weekend.
so far I've checked out, siskiyou, trinity, plumas through el dorado county.

Definitely would like to make some mining buds

OP
OP
C

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback guys. Everyone I know, thinks I'm crazy for pursuing this hobby.

Good luck out there!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is pretty. Hopefully the first of many!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man that is pretty for sure I can only dream in maine there one like that where I go

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats that is a killer find! So whats the story, Im curious to know if you found it crevising bedrock or digging gravel or? No need for location but some background would be much appreciated. Ive spent quite a bit of time on the North fork and would would love any info you could give as to how it was found.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats that is a killer find! So whats the story, Im curious to know if you found it crevising bedrock or digging gravel or? No need for location but some background would be much appreciated. Ive spent quite a bit of time on the North fork and would would love any info you could give as to how it was found.

Thanks for asking what we all were wondering lol :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

Chewyspark

Greenie
Oct 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was moving boulders and sampling various spots. Moved a boulder, with logs I found( I've since invested in recovery straps and a come along :) anyways, after moving the boulder I was classifying material and there she was :D I think it was no more than 6inches under the Boulder.

emptyhole

Feb 28, 2014
n. calif.
Detector(s) used
all the prospecting toys
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty nugget,looks like a boot, now you have to find the other one to have a pair.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I was moving boulders and sampling various spots. Moved a boulder, with logs I found( I've since invested in recovery straps and a come along :) anyways, after moving the boulder I was classifying material and there she was :D I think it was no more than 6inches under the Boulder.

Thanks for the info, it must have been exciting as hell to see her smiling at you in the classifier. Was she on bedrock or gravel?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread