Where can I find gold on PA

TylerP

May 22, 2016
PalA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm new to the the whole panning thing. Iv been doing gold as a hobby for awhile though. I recycle old computer parts, but have been wanting go out and try my hand at panning. So where are some good areas in PA. I live clarion county. Also what should i look for while trying to find gold. I know I'm not going to get rich from this but like I said gold has been a hobby for awhile. Any tips?

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's something to get you started. Pre-prospect with Google!

GOLD SITES FROM THE INTERNET

1. Wind Gap, Pa. If you get to see this place, It sticks out like a sore thumb, Its just so much rock and water in the area. Also lots of public land and access to the water area. This has been known to have reported Gold Occurrences since 1828-1829 Pennsylvania Geologic survey, and Gold was removed by many prospectors back then.
2. Knuckle Town, Pa. Gold was first found here in a Paint Ore Mine around the time of the Civil War. Today one can still find it along the Appalachian trail plenty of public land both state and federal.*
3. Reading,Pa. Gold has also been found out and around the reading area in the lower part of the state being the gold was associated with the iron.*
4. Stony Brook Creek (Tunkhannock Area) finds being reported
5. Messhoppen Creek (Tunkhannock Area) finds being reported.
6. The old lead mine behind Lake Carey, Check this out on the courthouse map in Tunkhannock bring your Camera, map is 6foot by 10 foot*
7. Wyalusing,Pa. Nugget found behind Wyalusing Hotel, reported by motel owner, nugget found by a new-york fisherman.
8. Noxen,Pa. A man called and stated small forms of gold was found on his farm in that area and was asking me, what should he do with it!!!!*
9. Cordus State Park, A gold prospector reported to me that he found Gold dust and Pin head gold nuggets in and also outside the park in a creek.*
10 The Kress Gold Mine, near Sweden Valley off of route6 one of three commercial gold mines in the state, needs no explanation.*
11. Swarata Creek, Near Harrisburg,Pa Well known for gold deposits for many years.
12. The New Albany Gold Mine (located outside of New Albany, Pa.) on route 220 heading south less than 3 miles outside this village.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions