Is China Ripping off Gold Hog?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep.....Doc is aware and has addressed this issue, or at least about the Hogpan copy, on his forum "goldprospectingforum.com". Maybe he will pipe up with his own comments.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.....Doc is aware and has addressed this issue, or at least about the Hogpan copy, on his forum "goldprospectingforum.com". Maybe he will pipe up with his own comments.

Evidently the company is trolling online forums and pm'ing potential customers, that's how I found out about them. They pm'd me a sales pitch with their link off a post I had made in another prospecting forum.

GG~

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Probably going to be tough monitoring import sales of the equipment to individuals if those are considered illegal (as are U.S. distributorship sales) under U.S. Patent law (?). Too bad if they are not.

Last edited:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hope that no self respecting guy would consider buying from these thieves. I know money can be tight but come on.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When does the chinese NOT steal ideas, products, copyrights, patents, etc..... :icon_scratch:
go into full production mode, (upon order, of course), pack them cargo containers,
and keep hoovering up all those American $100 bills?! :BangHead:
(not certain serial #'s though, KB, I believe, was counterfeitted, at one time). :laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
They don't even wait for orders anymore. Nowdays they'll just manufacture what they want, then undercut the original's price while still making a profit.

I first started seeing the China-crap takeover while overseas. Knew it was coming to us over here, but never dreamed we wold have so freely thrown away our money on crap just to save a few bucks....initially! But the products never lasted as long, so in the end the crap ended up costing us money. Still is!!

I'm not getting political here (ok, not outright), but there's only one thing I know of that can possibly correct this mess!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They regularly sell fake golf clubs. Ping, Callaway. Was at my friend's golf store when a guy brought a set of Pings he just purchased online for a couple of hundred dollars off. Said they hit poorly. One look---counterfeit clubs. He wasted over a thousand dollars on junk that nobody would take as a trade in. Happens every single day. Marked made in China, great. Sold as the real thing, criminal. I understand the watch market is even worse...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now now kcm, cain't start pointing fingers at others..... :nono: :laughing7:
I can't tell you, how many gizmos, gadgets, tools, kitchenware, and whatnots,
I got laying around here, I bet 85% (and that's lowballing it), all say made in china. :BangHead:
My only consolation is, at least it's all old crap, and I am NOT a big consumerist.
Usually, I'll use what I got or go without (unless it's necessary/gotta have :laughing7:).
We, the consumerist are just as responsible. They're playing a different kinda game, we don't really acknowledge/understand (some do, not many).

Ppl need to realize, they keep going broke, because they can't seem to get a grip on their money(as my Mom would say :notworthy:). :laughing7:
Always gotta have the newest, latest, greatest, most improved...... :BangHead:
and already got 8 of them..... :laughing7:
Everyone is nickel and dimed to death, and it's even tougher on those, that will follow the herd mentality in needing and requiring everything they see, flashed before their eyes.
Media/advertising and the internet are/is a very powerful tool.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Pat, I couldn't have said it any better myself!!

I made my first trip to Finland back in 1992. By then, there was NOTHING in the handheld power tools sections of stores except Made in China crap. If memory serves, that crap was just starting to gain a foothold in the US then. People kept buying the tools, as they were cheap. Then they'd give the tools great reviews, as the tools would usually work for the first weekend or two. But when the tools broke down, people didn't have a way to go back and retract their positive reviews (or were too lazy to). The damage was done.

Now, it's actually pretty difficult to find tools in ANY price range made here in the USA - or Japan or Germany or Sweden....anywhere but China. As the big, prestigious companies started outsourcing to China to compete price-wise, they were forcing China to better their quality. Now it's to the point where many of the goods made in China are actually better than some of the crap made domestically - all because the domestic manufacturers just can't compete on prices.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs, and one that will sadly not go away any time soon - not without some major-awesome combined efforts of the Federal Government, domestic companies, and maybe even other countries who might wish to bring manufacturing jobs back to their own countries. This is gonna be a big top to topple.

Eagle and Flag - Copy.gif

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I wont even comment on what part of this our socalled "polititions" play in this cause itll get deleted quick! BUT if your gonna point fingers..................

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without censorship, there is no art! Censorship promotes creativity, and creativity promotes art. Without censorship, art becomes that which should be flushed down the toilet.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Without censorship, there is no art! Censorship promotes creativity, and creativity promotes art. Without censorship, art becomes that which should be flushed down the toilet.

Can Art help it if that's what his parents wanted to call him?? :laughing7:

Jeffrey Harris

Greenie
May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eff that, and eff china. Bunch of @#%&*%!@#$%&* thieves. I won't buy their cheap crap. Eventually I will be making some purchases from Doc. I have learned a lot from his youtube videos and think he's a great American. This cr@p p*sses me the eff off.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They rip you off if you try to have them custom manufacture products too.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any of those thief's Pm you or post on here please let us know so we can permanently ban those bums.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unbelieveable well I guarantee these knock offs will never hold to docs versions and look cheaply built there's a lot of weld slag on those chinky dinky's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread