Gold panning near Newhall, CA or Santa Clarita, CA??

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some spots right there in S.C. area. Mostly a guarded secret. Almost all drainages of the San Gabriels have gold, some more than others. Talk to Pat Keene @ Keene eng. in Nothridge. He can line you out. There is a club that has outings on the East Fork of the San Gabriel. Good luck

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a cache of gold buried under the Costco in Santa Clarita :p

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Be sure to stay out of the San Francisquito Canyon Creek as they will cite you for just panning. A good example was a couple guy's that were caught panning under the bridge after the 2005 flood which washed away a good stretch of the road. I think these guy's were counting on that and figured they had the place all to themselves till the USFS showed up. Their fine was somewhere north of 1K according to one person I spoke with who lived above the Canyon back then. Also there is NO gold left in Bouquet Canyon Creek above Coarsegold Road. I KNOW the guy who's dad owns the property that has the small creek that fed the gold from the property into Bouquet. We dug down over a foot in that small creek on his property and didn't get a thing. Now before the Great Depression........

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that had claims in San Fran. from the '40's to the 60's until the F.S. decided to take them. Extremely good claims.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread